Gary, when are you heading out to TN?

Winnturner48
[subject]
Sunday, April 28, 2024, 14:27 (16 days ago)

Hope to be there for dinner 5/1. See you there.

Due to other situations we won't leave here until early

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, April 29, 2024, 11:11 (15 days ago) @ Winnturner48

morning on Wednesday. That should put us getting into camp mid morning May 2. We had planned on getting out earlier but my Expedition that was damaged in an ice covered road accident a while back won't be ready this week at all. That put us renting a vehicle and with one of our guys not being able to get out until early morning on Wednesday that puts us hopefully, good Lord willing, getting into camp early to mid morning on Thursday.

I thought about using Colleen's big 15 passenger Nissen Van but she keeps it set up to handle 8 to 10 jack Russells on her frequent road trips to dog shows. She is a national judge so she stays on the road quite a bit. Plus she will be leaving for a big show back east the day after we get back so there isn't any spare time for problems or spending a lot of time on the road. With Kase, Colleen and me all on the road at the same time that leaves nobody here to run the store, the 2 machine shops and take care of several Jack Russells that wouldn't be going with her.
I had planned on buying a new truck for the trip but that fell thru. Plenty of vehicles available but none set up the way I wanted. Living out here where I do I have to have a lot of power and 4X4 and room for more than 2 or 3. All the vehicles I checked out had none of those features.
Normally we are in camp by daylight on Thursday but I doubt we will make it until mid morning on Thursday. There are 4 of us and if we can switch drivers every couple of hours and make our pit stops as few as possible hopefully we can get there on opening morning.
Don't let our running late slow you down from taking a monster bull elephant or whatever you find out in the field. on opening morning.

I'm going for Alcorn's rhino.

Winnturner48
[subject]
Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 15:00 (14 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

If he gets there late, it's over.
See you 5/2.
Drive safe.

Yeah me too. I checked my piggy bank and I am a bit shy of

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 17:24 (14 days ago) @ Winnturner48

$65,000 for the rhino. I may have to settle for a $750 hog.