and it was written in August. So for some reason they hid this info back from the public. The info was released on August 20 so it is highly outdated and not up on the actual ammo shortages we see every day. But they only release any info concerning a quarterly earnings basis if then. Typical CEO and upper management bullshit to hide their inefficiency. They are talking about the shortages in early summer, so take the release below with a grain of salt as it has nothing to do with today's shortages.
Vista Outdoor CEO Christopher Metz’s quarterly earnings call, which took place earlier this month, indicates the current ammunition shortage may continue at least until 2021—perhaps longer.
“July firearms background checks were another triple-digit month, and we have said many times that ammunition sales typically take multiple months to catch up,” Metz told investors on the conference call. The comment indicates it may be the end of the year before retailers are fully stocked again, assuming cartridge demand stabilizes.
Olin’s quarterly report, also issued earlier this month, endorses that observation. The company said its Winchester Ammunition division experienced a 17-percent increase in orders during the three-month period.
“We expect this elevated level of demand to continue at least until the end of the year,” Olin CEO John Fischer said during his earnings call.
A Presidential election in November will have an impact on the prediction.
Metz’s comments confirm the ammunition shortage is not confined to specific regions of the country, a fact retailers reported to Shooting Illustrated last month.