Doctor
NATO
Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 18:16

My friend CHIPKING and I have had this discussion for hours on end over the last several years. He has his opinions and I have mine.
My opinion is that in the event of a SHTF scenario, the most prevalent ammo available, if we do not already have a cache, would be NATO rounds. This means: 12 Gauge shotgun, 9MM or .45ACP handgun and .22LR, or .223./.556 or .308 rifle rounds.
If this is the scenario, a pump shotgun in 12 gauge would be my first choice. A Mossberg 500/590 or a Remington 870 would be the ideal choice in this scenario.
My second choice would be a 10/22 Ruger in .22LR. Marginal personal protection but game gathering and
My third choice would be a handgun. I have many ideas about this but my personal preference is a single action semi-auto. A 1911 in .45ACP would be my first choice for this because I am familiar with the controls and have carried one for the last 30 years. Next in line would be a Hi-Power in 9mm only because the controls are the same. A Glock 19 in 9mm or a Glock 21 in .45 ACP would be acceptable……………..jut not for me.