Gary Reeder
Couple of new guns just finished
Thursday, May 18, 2023, 15:52

The first one is one of our Border Classics chambered in 45 Long Colt. The gun is pretty much full custom with a 3½" barrel, crowned and with a Mexican coin for the front sight. It is full engraved and has a nice set of Mongolian stag grips made and fit to it. It is finished in our deluxe Black Chromex.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Next is one of our Ultimate Black Widows built for Len Burton. The gun is based on a Vaquero and has a 4½" barrel and is chambered in 45 Long Colt. The gun has a beefy 5 shot cylinder for those hotter loads. It has the normal Ultimate Black Widow engraving with the spiders and logo in gold. It has the Bisley Gunfighter Grip with a nice set of ivory Corian grips. It has had the Positive Performance Package and is super smooth and accurate too. Another really nice Black Widow.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

The next custom gun is one we built for our in stock list. It is something a bit different. Elmer Keith's favorite gun was his #5 which was a fully engraved very special revolver that has been copied by quite a few custom gun makers (including us). Elmer's #5 was chambered in 44 Special, as that was the most powerful of that time period (mid 1930s). Several years ago I decided to build some of our own #5s in a much larger caliber, up to our 510 GNR. But I changed the name of it also, to the #6. It still has the #5 gripframe but is completely different from there on. So you #5 freaks can start screaming sacrilege.
This #6 is chambered in 44 Magnum (old Elmer would have loved it). It has a 7½" barrel, with the interchangeable blade front sight and the gold bead blade.The #6 gripframe has a real nice set of vintage European walnut grips with unusual markings. The gun is finished in our deluxe Black Chromex and has had the Positive Performance Package. The gun is smooth and accurate too. The #6 is normally $1795 on the customer's base gun so with us furnishing the base gun it would run well north of $2400. It is specially priced at $1995.

[image]
[image]

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]