Gary Reeder
We got one of the new Colt Pythons in a day or so go
Saturday, May 20, 2023, 14:44

one of the new ones under CZ owned Colt. It was perfect, or as perfect as a revolver can be. The first batch of them a year or two ago were junk. Loose, rough finish and not worth the $1500 or more you had to pay for it. One of my best friends and a person whose opinion value over even my own got one of the new Pythons back then and he had to get at least one more before he got one that he considered worthy of an article. And to me that says a lot.
Then CZ bought Colt out and within a year the guns were back to where they should be. We got a 6 inch Python Thursday morning. It was very good and worthy of the Colt name. I had planned on getting some pictures of it but my friend Peter Mathern snatched it up before I could get some pictures of it.
But yesterday we got one of the new Anacondas in 44 Magnum in. Six inch stainless steel and built the way a revolver should be. The old Anacondas were loose and not deserving of the Colt name. They were dropped a few times by Colt thru the years due to lots of problems. But since CZ bought out Colt the product has gotten better and better. This one we just got in is extremely tight, with a nice action and a barrel/cylinder gap right at .002 where it should be. The new Anaconda is a big beefy revolver, beefier than the new Pythons. It is a true hunting revolver. The caliber is right and the gun is right.
They are expensive, almost as much as the new Pythons but in my eyes they are worth it. I would never have said that about the older Anacondas.
When something new comes out I like to show pics of it on here and for what it's worth let you know a bit about it. I don't get paid to give a yay or a nay on the gun so what you read will be exactly how I feel about the gun from a gun builders point of view and it's good and/or bad points. For those that have not seen the new Anacondas, here are a couple of pics.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]