WB
I've been working on that...
Monday, June 05, 2023, 06:20

Spurred on by my poor accuracy, shooting my under-powered Micro .380, the next up was a .40 by the same maker. Kahr is a love or hate brand. They are basically a flat DA only semi-auto. It won't accidentally shoot or go off if dropped, you won't have an A.D. fishing it out of a pocket, it s deliberate action to fire, I like that. They are light and reliable if you don't limp wrist. The .40 you can't! The DA pull is engineered to be smooth, and consistent, the best there is. I like it.

[image]

I have a wonderful Mika pocket holster I've used for years. It's cut for Dockers or Jeans pockets. It's actually a 2" Revolver model but firs my semi-autos well enough. I ordered what I thought was a used Kahr P40. I actually got a hybrid model called a "Covert". It is a P40 top on a smaller PM40 bottom. They only made it a few years. It's only about 1/2-3/4" longer than a PM40 but it sure shoots good, I can really hit with it.

I have been experimenting with carrying it in my front pocket. Since the gun is basically the same size as a 2" revolver it's not too bad, and even flatter. The .40 is very powerful no matter what anyone else says and I get about 1100 fps from this pocket gun with the 165 gr. JHP. My 200 gr. cast at 1000 fps are very brutal to shoot. I feel lots more confident and better armed carrying this over the .380. I don't think it prints too badly. At church I stand a lot doing my duties, teaching, ushering, etc. Walking down the isle in front of everyone I don't need a bulging pocket with a mass swinging around. It seems to work. I load it with 5 in the mag and a chambered round, plus an extra 6-shot mag in the other pocket alongside my Swiss army knife. I feel pretty well equipped.

[image]

[image]

I still want a lightweight snubby .38 but this has slowed my search to wait for a good deal. I also found a real PM40 for a deal too but is that extra shortness really worth my effort? I figure the Kahr PM40 is about the most powerful, accurate, smallest, domestic, pocket gun you can buy. The longer Covert model is close enough, and I shoot it very well.

[image]