Jim Taylor
Casting a Few Bullets Today
Monday, November 20, 2023, 13:24

I received a package from a friend this last week. Upon opening it I discovered brand new Starline .41 Magnum brass. He included a note saying they had been cluttering up his reloading bench for quite awhile and he figured I would put them to work.

Checking things over, I have no .41 brass that is not loaded so I figured I would load these new ones with the 230 grain cast bullet that I have a mold for. The problem that arose was when I checked my bullet stock I only had 30 of those bullets on hand!

So this afternoon I was pretty free so I built a fire under the lead pot and waited for it to get hot. (I built the fire by plugging it in and turning it to "ON")

I had not cast any .41's in some time so I had to dig the mold out of the drawer and mount it on some handles. The mold is by NEI and casts a nice 230 grain flat point bullet.

[image]

I have a 215 gr. SWC mold for the .41 but after trying it out I don't really care for it. The 230 gr. NEI is a much better bullet as far as I am concerned. And it's fairly accurate if I do my part.

[image]

I have about 300 or a bit more cast before quitting today. That will load the brass I have and leave some over. I size these to .410" and lube them with Paco's Apache Blue bullet lube.