WB
Crazy seeks me out...
Tuesday, March 26, 2024, 08:03

True story, happened last night. We got all sorts of critters at our house out in the country. Goats, baby ones about cat sized, chickens, geese, cats, a dog. This blue tick hound came up causing chaos. It was just lost, sniffing around. Good looking male dog with a hunting dog collar. He was skittish and we could not get hold of him. He had old mamma cat treed and neither her or the kids were happy about that. My wife was concerned about those teeny little kid goats. I tried to shoo the old dog home but being a one track mind hunting dog it was being all goofy. It would try to leave then get sent and go circling back around the house. I know we have a family of raccoons that run round about. I guess I should not fault the dog, it is just doing what it does. But I was furious! We finally got the cats out of the trees and indoors, the goats put up. We went inside for the dog to calm and meander off.

Then my daughter came in the house to report the dog had gone through the "cat door" and gotten in the garage-shop, creating havoc. Marching back out and inspecting myself I was horrified to find the hound had "somehow" gotten to the top shelf of the storage and knocked off all sorts of stuff. This included my Dillon 550 and all it's accessories. I wanted to shoot that crazy mutt! I could not get the dog down or get hold of it. Being trapped in a corner and scared I was worried about just grabbing a strange animal. I almost got a hoe to hook it's collar and yank him off! But I cooled down and made some ramps and such to help him decide to amble off on his own. We finally went to bed around midnight. The dog looked comfortable elevated 8 ft. up in the shop, nice dry and warm.

This morning at 6:00 I tiptoed out in the pre-dawn to take a peek. Sure enough there he was! Cripes why me?!! After thinking about plan C all night I removed the top plywood on a portion of the shelving hoping the dog would see he could jump to a mid level then back down. I left for work.

Tori texted me about 8:00 reporting the dog had finally come down. My wife had coaxed the beast to get a hand hold of the collar. Sure enough it had a name and number. She looked up the fellow first online. They own a restaurant in a neighboring town (Beebe) and his Facebook page cover photo was, yes, the blue tick hound. Calling the guy he answered the phone with "please tell me you found my blue-tick". More than relieved, he's coming to get "Thunder". The dog's actual name. LOL Only me...

Thunder the climbing coon dog.

[image]