Gary Reeder
That is a great deal. The Armalite is and has been my
Thursday, April 25, 2024, 11:09

favorite AR-15. Mine has the smooth forend which makes it a lot smoother handeling and shooting. For several years I was into combat shooting and in the 3 gun match I used one of the original Armalite AR-180s. As far as I can remember it never jammed nor gave me any problems. The action was extremely easy to take down and clean up if it needed it which it very seldom did. The dual spring set up in the action helped make the 180 almost flawless.
In one of the 3 gun matches I shot in we had to crawl on our bellies down a small embankment and crawl thru about 8 inches of mud and water to get to the other side of the embankment and take out the bad guy target that was visible at the top of the embankment. Before the match we would empty a 55 gallon barrel of water in the ditch we had to crawl thru. We had wire stretched across the ditch about 18 inches over the water and mud and we had to crawl under it. A couple of the guys refused to take part in that part of the course even though they knew well ahead of time that we were doing that part of the course as we always did..

But if I had to get rid of my AR-15s and keep one the new Armalite AR-15 would be the keeper.