Elegance
Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, September 21, 2026, 08:56 (13 days ago)
So, let me guess...you like it?
Jerry Kiln
[subject]
Monday, September 21, 2026, 12:51 (13 days ago) @ Jim Taylor
- No text -
Hmmmm.... does it show?
Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, September 21, 2026, 13:42 (13 days ago) @ Jerry Kiln
Really nice colors! Just keep him away from the hacksaw!
WB
[subject]
Monday, September 21, 2026, 18:00 (13 days ago) @ Jim Taylor
- No text -
This one won't be cut!
Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, September 22, 2026, 06:28 (12 days ago) @ WB
I've been wanting a 7 1/2" and this one will stay. The only thing I will do to it sometime in the future will be custom one-piece stocks. Maybe ivory.
That would really set off the case colors!
WB
[subject]
Tuesday, September 22, 2026, 14:43 (12 days ago) @ Jim Taylor
I'm partial to long barrel sixguns for hunting and general shooting but I just can't manage them on the belt. So I have some shoulder holsters that are great, if less conventional.
Of late I have acquired some "belt gun" sized SA and really enjoy them. I've noted no lack of accuracy either. The sight radius does not seem to hurt me much. But then again I'll never win any awards for iron sight shooting.
On that topic with the "fixed sight" older spec guns I've begun holding up more of the front sight (so I can actually see it) and using an exaggerated 6-O'Clock hold. It works for me, using my 1903 Bisley .32 WCF. The old Hawes .22 too, although I actually filed some on that one. MO better.
Quite the opposite of your beautiful old six-shooter. But it's full size and a .22 LR.
![[image]](images/uploaded/202609222142056ab2f62d830cd.jpg)
My Dad have several Hawes sixguns.
Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, September 22, 2026, 19:50 (12 days ago) @ WB
.357 and .44 Magnum. He shot them a lot. Several of the people we shot with had them also. In those days if you wanted a single action .44 Magnum it was Ruger or Hawes and the Hawes was cheaper than the Ruger.
I think I gave $150 for it about 5 yrs. ago!
WB
[subject]
Tuesday, September 22, 2026, 21:48 (12 days ago) @ Jim Taylor
- No text -
Just a bit....a tiny bit. It is a lovely classic.
Jerry Kiln
[subject]
Monday, September 21, 2026, 18:59 (13 days ago) @ Jim Taylor
- No text -
A keeper for sure!
SPB
[subject]
Monday, September 21, 2026, 13:46 (13 days ago) @ Jim Taylor
- No text -
![[image]](images/uploaded/202609211555346ab153765c0b7.jpg)
