I'm partial to long barrel sixguns for hunting and general shooting but I just can't manage them on the belt. So I have some shoulder holsters that are great, if less conventional.
Of late I have acquired some "belt gun" sized SA and really enjoy them. I've noted no lack of accuracy either. The sight radius does not seem to hurt me much. But then again I'll never win any awards for iron sight shooting.
On that topic with the "fixed sight" older spec guns I've begun holding up more of the front sight (so I can actually see it) and using an exaggerated 6-O'Clock hold. It works for me, using my 1903 Bisley .32 WCF. The old Hawes .22 too, although I actually filed some on that one. MO better.
Quite the opposite of your beautiful old six-shooter. But it's full size and a .22 LR.
![[image]](images/uploaded/202609222142056ab2f62d830cd.jpg)
-
Elegance
- Jim Taylor, 2026-09-21, 08:56
- A keeper for sure! (nm) - SPB, 2026-09-21, 13:46
-
So, let me guess...you like it? (nm)
- Jerry Kiln, 2026-09-21, 12:51
-
Hmmmm.... does it show?
- Jim Taylor, 2026-09-21, 13:42
- Just a bit....a tiny bit. It is a lovely classic. (nm) - Jerry Kiln, 2026-09-21, 18:59
-
Really nice colors! Just keep him away from the hacksaw! (nm)
- WB, 2026-09-21, 18:00
-
This one won't be cut!
- Jim Taylor, 2026-09-22, 06:28
-
That would really set off the case colors!
- WB, 2026-09-22, 14:43
-
My Dad have several Hawes sixguns.
- Jim Taylor, 2026-09-22, 19:50
- I think I gave $150 for it about 5 yrs. ago! (nm) - WB, 2026-09-22, 21:48
-
My Dad have several Hawes sixguns.
- Jim Taylor, 2026-09-22, 19:50
-
That would really set off the case colors!
- WB, 2026-09-22, 14:43
-
This one won't be cut!
- Jim Taylor, 2026-09-22, 06:28
-
Hmmmm.... does it show?
- Jim Taylor, 2026-09-21, 13:42