Special handling instructions. He’s acutely, horrifically, allergic to almonds, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, cashews…. ANY tree nuts of any kind. Of course that is a favored travel and camp snack. I just need guys to understand what I’m attempting to do and how careful I have to be policing him. Poor kid has to carry an Eppie pen literally every second. He has to cook his own food too. So he’s not being anti social at mealtime. We have to really play it by ear.
It’s a big old world and he’s about grown, started working. I can’t be there every second so he’s got to learn. He’s pretty good about it though. Just touching it can cause him to react. But I’m trying to get him out some, have some adventure. He’s a really good boy. Just so guys know what I’m doing…
He’s not confident with the handgun enough to shoot at animals. But we are setting him up with the Reeder .429 GNR custom Marlin. I told him how Puffy used to call his gun O’l Painless! lol. We shot a few rounds through the SX ghost ring sights and almost blew the plate off the stand at 30 yds. He was impressed.
I loaded him some hog loads using the 265 gr. Hornady JFP ahead of 29 gr. H110. The revolver (SRH) can handle longer loads, but the Marlin in .429 is already notably longer than the .44 Mag. it was designed for. It feeds slick and easy. I’ve loaned it to a couple guys who had never laid eyes on it and took game first time they fired it! It’s a great rig.
The mighty .429 GNR compared to the old .357 mag. Near .444 Marlin power in a much lighter, handier, package.
![[image]](images/uploaded/202609231539036ab3f2974e400.jpg)
-
Trying to take Benj. to HHC, but he comes with
- WB, 2026-09-23, 08:43
- Good to know Sir boggs. I’ll watch out for him. (nm) - Bob D, 2026-09-23, 13:19