Another great HHC hunt

Bob D
[subject]
Sunday, September 27, 2026, 18:29 (7 days ago)

[image][image]

My nephew Aaron’s first hunt. He did pretty good. He even field dressed his first animal

More pics

Bob D
[subject]
Sunday, September 27, 2026, 18:39 (7 days ago) @ Bob D

Random

Bob D
[subject]
Sunday, September 27, 2026, 18:52 (7 days ago) @ Bob D

Great to finally meet Mark Wilson. Thanks for coming up from Roswell

Marco. Had a great time with your son and his girlfriend. Sure missed you

Winn. You missed the big ball kick this year. Happy Birthday

Sir Boggs son Benjamin showed us all how to roll a hog down the hill.

Ray killed a multi racial hog.

Gary showed us all he is a long term fighter

Aaron thumped a hopper

Benj is our youngest, first-timer.

WB
[subject]
Monday, September 28, 2026, 12:27 (6 days ago) @ Bob D

It was good to have both boys with me, big bro. Roman has been several times taking hog and sheep. Even if the guide asked if they were my grandsons! We had a good time. I gave Benj the .429 GNR carbine to try. It’s (3) for (3) one shot hog kills with newcomers. This time I loaded Hornady 265 gr. JSP ahead of 29 gr. H110, magnum pistol primer. (My Redhawk sometimes has trouble with rifle primers) I truly prefer the Remington #7-1/2 benchrest small rifle primers that do well for all. Hard to find sometimes. My normal cast bullets typically pass on through.

He made a pretty tough raking away shot, I should have stopped him. But it was successful. It surprised me we recovered the bullet from the offside skin. It performed perfectly.

Icing on the cake he got to finally meet Gary Reeder. Maker of all these guns he’s going to end up with. It should all come together now. He got a pic to remember the first time he met Gary.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Sounds like a good time was had by all

Winnturner48
[subject]
Monday, September 28, 2026, 12:48 (6 days ago) @ WB

Sorry to miss all the fun, camaraderie and general mayhem, Maybe next time. To all the misfits, thanks for the birthday wishes.

Congratulations and well done everyone!

drdougrx
[subject]
Tuesday, September 29, 2026, 04:18 (5 days ago) @ Winnturner48

- No text -

My kids went on a hunting trip...

Marco
[subject]
Monday, September 28, 2026, 18:30 (6 days ago) @ Bob D

and all I got was this silly hat. Glad everyone had a safe good time. I was originally filled with chagrin when I was not able to attend. Now that I've seen Robert in a pink belly shirt; not so much.

[image]

You were missed Marco!

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, September 29, 2026, 16:43 (5 days ago) @ Marco

- No text -

Thanks Scotty;

Marco
[subject]
Wednesday, September 30, 2026, 15:31 (4 days ago) @ WB

I guess it's always better to be thought of as "why isn't he here", than "why did that A-hole show up again". Just wasn't possible this time. The warranty on the spousal support unit ran out, apparently right around spring. Seems landing a younger woman to take care of me in my dotage kinda went sideways. So far: six distinct surgeries: think she hit the deductible somewhere around Easter. Three more to go. After that, I have permission to order that 21 year old Japanese house girl I've had my eye on. I'm willing to teach her how to make sandwiches. Anyway... Miss each and every one of you crusty, antisocial, Misfits. Perhaps next year, Perhaps latter, Perhaps on the other side of the River. Each of you has helped shape (warp?) the two young men I raised to replace me. The memories you gave them are beyond value. You showed them a side of manhood that is hard to find now a days. A fine group of examples on many levels, both good and exceptional.

powered by my little forum