Benj’s kill shot at 2026 HHC. .429 GNR

WB
[subject]
Thursday, October 01, 2026, 12:29 (3 days ago)

https://youtube.com/shorts/XhTd-fpx_NU?is=B-PHPedVYDzDhGUu

I know some shoot hogs with little bullets, even 5.56mm. But that has a muzzle energy comparable to a .44 Mag. revolver. Frankly I’d feel a bit under gunned with a .357, but I think I could manage. The .32’s are just too small for my liking. The .429 and 265 Hornady provided a good margin of extra. Somewhere around 2300 ft. lbs. energy.

[image]

Very well done!!

drdougrx
[subject]
Friday, October 02, 2026, 03:52 (2 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Our maintenance division cooked up some, hog feed today.

WB
[subject]
Friday, October 02, 2026, 11:03 (2 days ago) @ drdougrx

Fed us actually. This hog was young and had not “dropped” to the point where it tasted strong. It is delicious! We have plenty more for a couple more events too!

[image]

Man . . . that looks good! :-)

ORG
[subject]
Friday, October 02, 2026, 11:38 (2 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

I got to intervene, never skimp on Mack & cheese

WB
[subject]
Friday, October 02, 2026, 14:47 (2 days ago) @ ORG

Get the good stuff, never economy box kit. But it was great, tender and flavorful with perfect gravy a granny would be proud of.

powered by my little forum