Trying to prime the weird .500 NE cases I obtained I pushed two right out of the shell holder, bending little ears on the sides?! Too soft rims? Never saw that. Too tight or rough edged pockets? I’m not sure. So I primed like the old LEE tap tap bang method. After chamfering the primer pockets.
![[image]](images/uploaded/202610032115266ac1706e0e59b.jpg)
![[image]](images/uploaded/202610032116056ac17095bb7a1.jpg)
I loaded up (5) with 90 gr. RE-15 and some of Randy’s big plain base 510 gr. HP powder coated bullets. These are my fun for this next week.
![[image]](images/uploaded/202610032117336ac170ed0c657.jpg)
-
A “new” reloading issue, for me anyway…
- WB, 2026-10-03, 14:19
- Might need a backstop behind the shooter as well, - Jerry Kiln, 2026-10-03, 20:12
- Interesting! Never saw that B4 That is a beast! (nm) - SPB, 2026-10-03, 17:14
-
make sure you have a good backstop!!! (nm)
- Brian T, 2026-10-03, 14:28
- Yes, too much lead to waste! I shoot into 55 gal. - WB, 2026-10-04, 06:28