A “new” reloading issue, for me anyway…

WB
[subject]
Saturday, October 03, 2026, 14:19 (1 day, 1 hours, 47 min. ago)

Trying to prime the weird .500 NE cases I obtained I pushed two right out of the shell holder, bending little ears on the sides?! Too soft rims? Never saw that. Too tight or rough edged pockets? I’m not sure. So I primed like the old LEE tap tap bang method. After chamfering the primer pockets.

[image]

[image]

I loaded up (5) with 90 gr. RE-15 and some of Randy’s big plain base 510 gr. HP powder coated bullets. These are my fun for this next week.

[image]

make sure you have a good backstop!!!

Brian T
[subject]
Saturday, October 03, 2026, 14:28 (1 day, 1 hours, 38 min. ago) @ WB

- No text -

Yes, too much lead to waste! I shoot into 55 gal.

WB
[subject]
Sunday, October 04, 2026, 06:28 (9 hours, 38 minutes ago) @ Brian T

Drums filled with sand, (3) placed staggered so none get through. I have access to tires too. I’m considering stacking them about 4’ and filling with dirt. Less accessible than the sand trap but I can still break it apart to reclaim lead. Even our .50 BMG FMJ will not reliably shoot through the sand drum at 100 yds.

I’m blessed with a good place to shoot, lots of land.

Interesting! Never saw that B4 That is a beast!

SPB
[subject]
Saturday, October 03, 2026, 17:14 (22 hours, 52 minutes ago) @ WB

- No text -

Might need a backstop behind the shooter as well,

Jerry Kiln
[subject]
Saturday, October 03, 2026, 20:12 (19 hours, 54 minutes ago) @ WB

my first thought on seeing the round in hand was "Havana's finest". Years back, I came close to ordering a 4 bore muzzleloader barrel and building a gun, but had an attack of sanity and instead went with 8 bore. Long gone now, somebody else wanted it worse than my shoulder. And HEAVY.

powered by my little forum