Before the vaccine shitstorm started I really didn't give it much consideration. That's when I realised I had not had a flu or any other injection since 1994. When it became my choice I just didn't want to. 1980-1994 I didn't get a choice. The medics came to the squadron, set up a table, everyone lined up and they stuck things into you and annotated (anointed?) your shot record card. That flippin' piece of yellow card stock went everywhere with you. You could show up bare naked and all they would ask is "Where's you shot record?" You didn't question. Every year like clock work. Every year I got the flu followed by sinusitis and rhinitis, a few uncomfortable weeks of feeling sort of shitty. Never made a connection. Just thought if was from JP4 fumes and Trichloroethane. "Oh, you're going on a deployment?" WHOLE bunch of other shots, Gamma globulin comes to mind! That mother chicken hurt for three days, lump in your cheek the size of small rock. Had to sit side saddle for three days. Still ended up with dysentery. Note to friends: you don't want that while in the jungles of Honduras. A great way to loose weight though....Completely anecdotal but I have only had the "flu" twice since 1995 and it wasn't that bad. Now I'm not a member of the Congregation of Universal Wisdom, Dutch Reformed Church or the First Century Gospel Church, I will still take an aspirin tablet now and again.. I'll stop rambling; Not for me...
-
Do you guys advise getting flu shot?
- Dave H., 2026-10-04, 08:01
- That's a hard question.... - Marco, 2026-10-06, 06:31
- as honest reply as I can make, would be, If - jthomson, 2026-10-05, 15:47
-
I can’t advise on flu shot as I am ambivalent. Re shingles &
- SPB, 2026-10-04, 19:52
-
I tend to agree
- Dave H., 2026-10-05, 07:24
-
I have had shingles, and got the shingles and pneumonia shot
- SPB, 2026-10-05, 09:02
- It sure is, especially today (nm) - Dave H., 2026-10-05, 13:31
-
I have had shingles, and got the shingles and pneumonia shot
- SPB, 2026-10-05, 09:02
-
I tend to agree
- Dave H., 2026-10-05, 07:24
-
Just me, unless death is imminent, I'm not getting any shot.
- WB, 2026-10-04, 14:58
- hahaha Scotty, you are more likely to get shot by - jthomson, 2026-10-05, 15:53
-
The FDA just approved the mRNA flu shot
- WB, 2026-10-05, 06:37
- My doctor today recommended staying away from the RNA - JD, 2026-10-05, 19:55
-
Yes, get the Flu shot and
- Randy Barnett, 2026-10-04, 14:57
-
Had both shingles shots and you can see
- Gary Reeder, 2026-10-05, 16:24
- Due to the shingles shots? (nm) - ORG, 2026-10-07, 06:03
-
Had both shingles shots and you can see
- Gary Reeder, 2026-10-05, 16:24