I have begun carrying 5-shot .357 of late. A S&w 360 and special SP101. Of course I have a bunch of double stack 9's at my disposal, but it's been a while since I actually shot a bad guy, or was in an active gunfight, so I wanted to play with wheelguns that disappear on my hip. More accurate for me too than a pocket auto.
I have a nice slide holster with thumb break I use, I think it is a Don Hume. It carries the gun high and I like the snap retention. I'm clumsy and need something that won't drop out. I just won bid on this old relic from Bauer. It seems to be a spring type old Cop holster and should carry very high above the belt line. That's what I'm after, concealment under a t-shirt. It was cheap anyway, $15, you sure couldn't buy real leather new for that now.
![[image]](images/uploaded/202610062056126ac5606ce387e.jpg)
![[image]](images/uploaded/202610062056326ac560806b37b.jpg)
-
Drawn to vintage, like a moth to a light...
- WB, 2026-10-06, 13:58
- Always likes the Don Hume JIT or the Askins Avenger (nm) - drdougrx, 2026-10-07, 03:41
- or Rosie to a doughnut.. (nm) - Gary Reeder, 2026-10-06, 17:03