GregG
Outfitter alert - Woods and Water, Wrightsville, GA
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 16:22

Me and my 2 hunting buds just got back from Woods and Water in Wrightsville, GA for hogs. They run a very nice camp and have been featured on TV. They have 5000 acres under lease and 80 stands/blinds. It is a "hoggy" area and we had lots of fun. Fair chase. No fences. Was out to 1:00am this morning in a great spot in the swamp. What a blast! People are very friendly and professional. I learned a key lesson about hog hunting. The lone, big boars do not come into the feeder area to feed. They know the sows will be coming with piglets so the run lazy circles around the feeder looking for sows. That's great intel because I had a big boy crunching 6 feet through the thick next to my stand that I probably should have popped with my 410 GNR Redhawk instead of waiting for him to hit the feeder. It was 10pm. He never hit the feeder.The green lights work great. I have ATN night vision but another lesson learned - 6x is too much and the reticle is too thick for a neck shot. Green light with your day scope or thermal with a dot is the better choice. OK for zombie suppression at 100 meters but not for fine work on hogs. ARs are not needed as you're getting one shot anyway and only one hog per day. Next trip will be with the 410 GNR Encore tube. The outfitter is Highly recommended. All 3 of us have expressed a desire to return. Their feeder, most of them, have motion sensor green lights that illuminate to alert of of hogs feeding (or raccoons/foxes/bobcats waltzing by). That helps a lot.