Got my covid postponed knee replacement

Winn
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 08:16 (686 days ago)

FINALLY! Put off 2 years due to covid crowded hospitals.
Rehab is a bitch.

Suck it up, I had

Sal
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 09:02 (686 days ago) @ Winn

Both of mine done, and it its quiet painful. One the second one it hurt so much I asked the wife if first one hurt this bad and she said YUP

Good Luck

Paul
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 09:37 (686 days ago) @ Sal

I have a shoulder coming up. VA said if the pain gets to bad we'll replace it. It's getting bad!

This is my 2nd, so I 'm sucking it up already

Winn
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:20 (686 days ago) @ Paul

- No text -

I’m a dozen years behind. You guys are tough.

WB
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 10:48 (686 days ago) @ Winn

It’s already getting rough. Ya’ll are an inspiration. Breathing, peeing, and erect mobility are terribly taken for granted.

hell, I might as well throw my hat in the ring too

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 13:13 (686 days ago) @ WB

I have 5 screws holding my right shoulder on and they did a bunch of slicing and dicing on my left shoulder. At my age I am glad I still have both hips and both knees.

I had a bad hangnail last night.

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 13:48 (686 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Woke me up about 2AM!

those are horrible. I have had them to where they

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 14:22 (686 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

hang up on the sheets and when I turn over a few times I find myself in a full cocoon. It is embarrassing to have to scream for help due to a hangnail.

There's just me and a 9 year old grandson here

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 14:46 (686 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

He would have never been able to get me out! But I got it taken care of. I bit it off. That's HARD to do with false teeth!! This getting old stuff ain't for sissies!

Hangnail

Curious George
[subject]
Saturday, May 14, 2022, 14:03 (685 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I'm amazed that you can still put your foot up to your mouth to bite that hangnail. How many times each week do you practice yoga?

no yoga.... just good clean living ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Saturday, May 14, 2022, 17:21 (685 days ago) @ Curious George

I eat only vegans .. I mean only vegan.
Explanation: My cows eat nothing but grass and are vegan cows and I eat them.

I am not yet 200 pounds overweight so I am average.

I drink only the finest Scotch .. moderately. And Mexican beer.

If I want a rush and I can't get to the range I light off a little gunpowder in my shop and sniff the smoke. It ain't like the real thing of shooting but it's close.

Seeing an orthopedic soon for my left shoulder

Derek
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 14:33 (686 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

1 labral tear in the ball and socket lining, and 1 partial tear in the rotator cuff.
Gary, if you don't mind telling, what happened to your right shoulder?

too many 470 and 500 Nitro custom rifles

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 15:21 (686 days ago) @ Derek

are part of it. Mostly from test firing the 585 Nyati which has much more recoil that either the 470 or 500 Nitros. All the muzzle brakes and mercury recoil reducers didn't help much at all.

check this video out. They are shooting the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 15:32 (686 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

T.Rex which is almost identical to the 585 Nyati. Same recoil. get past the ad.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ka9hh

gary what are the ballistics of that cartridge?

Jack T.
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 15:50 (686 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

the 585 Nyati will beat the T.Rex by a few FPS

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 16:20 (686 days ago) @ Jack T.

but when you are shooting either one on a hunt I don't think there is an animal on earth that could tell the difference. The 585 Nyati at max loads will do around 2500 fps with 160 grains of 4350 and a 750 grain bullet. This gives you, or me, 180 foot pounds of recoil and 10,300 foot pounds of energy. A 30-06 has 20 foot pounds of recoil.
The T. Rex, also with a 750 grain bullet gives us within 50 fps of the same velocity and 10,180 foot pounds of energy and 170 foot pounds of recoil.
So either way it takes someone with few brain cells to shoot either one.
We actually built 8 or 10 of the 585 Nyati and probably shot 75 or 80 rounds of the ammo. Every shot made my nose bleed and a couple of teeth loose on the right side (stock side). At the time I was wearing contacts and every shot popped my contacts out. I stool on a towel so we didn't lose the contacts. I would shoot one round, wait an hour or so and shoot another, never was able to shoot more than 3 in a day.
One fellow wanted us to build his 585 Nyati on his Weatherby 460 rifle stock. It had beautiful wood, lots of dark streaks and blond around the streaks. I told him I didn't believe the stock would handle it. He demanded we use it. So, on the first shot the stock exploded into 10 or 12 pieces, totally destroyed. We ended up doing as we normally did, a full muzzle brake, bland heavy thick stock, 3 mercury recoil reducers in the stock and it still ruined your day with 1 or 2 shots.
So that is why I today have 5 screws holding my right shoulder on.

Dang! I will pass on shooting either of those!

Derek
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 16:38 (686 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

"dozen"? Try 20 years behind.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 13:13 (686 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

knee replacement

stonecold
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 15:18 (686 days ago) @ Winn

Both of mine were bad so I had both done at same time 5 years ago. Not brave, I knew if one hurt bad I would be afraid to go back for second one. Also wanted to avoid two long rehab periods (I was 74 then). You need to really work the rehab as that is critical. Good luck to you.

Ask for Atilla the Hun for a therapist.

bigboar
[subject]
Friday, May 13, 2022, 17:41 (686 days ago) @ Winn

I have gone through two knee replacements, Ask for Atilla the Hun for a therapist. Grin and bear it.