I guess the vote here gives a whole new life to the phrase

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 07:25 (632 days ago)

“Bloody Kansas!”

Huh?

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 10:05 (632 days ago) @ SPB

- No text -

The good folks of Kansas voted 2-1 to support abortion

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 10:57 (632 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

, John Brown and the battle of bleeding or bloody Kansas came to mind.
When there was fighting regarding slavery pre civil war.

Link

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 11:01 (632 days ago) @ SPB

that really surprised me. I never thought of Kansas

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 12:59 (632 days ago) @ SPB

as being a liberal state.

These folks crying about abortion and the constitution are

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 13:27 (632 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

most likely the same who are readily willing to destroy the first and second amendment. They should remember that GOD will not be mocked. It is a shameful display, even some ministers were supporting the push to allow abortion.

Grover Sr

Grover Sr
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 15:56 (632 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I am not so sure about anything anymore myself. If the majority of the voter turnout was younger, under 50, just remember any who had attended college at all received liberal indoctrination. I was late getting to college because of military service and remember having major issues with many professors between 1990 and 1996 when I got my BS and MPH degrees. I was 40 years old when I started and disagreed with their liberal views on politics, guns, taxes and abortion and let them know it With some of the professors they retaliated or threatened to retaliate by lowering my grades. I actually had to go to the dean a few times and threaten with legal action to prevent that. However the teenagers and early 20 some year olds knew no better and got swallowed up by it. It has been an insidious invasion and taken over the young and gullible.

I agree and Grover you don't have to post your name

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 16:36 (632 days ago) @ Grover Sr

the computer knows who you are.

Yeah, Gary I noticed that after my post

Grover Sr
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 18:46 (632 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Maybe it is not as simple as voting anti-abortion/pro-choice

AlanT
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 17:16 (632 days ago) @ Grover Sr

Mayhap people are voting for individual freedoms and less government intrusion into their personal lives.

Alan T

Grover Sr
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 19:02 (632 days ago) @ AlanT

I could accept that except for the intent of using abortion as a means of birth and population control which is what some are doing and I personally observed college professors promoting. I remember one class where we had a conversation about family sizes in the US. I mentioned we had an unplanned child at age 35 and the professor said there was a way to have legally terminated the pregnancy and thereby control the population growth. In essence his opinion was we should have aborted our youngest son who was our last child. I won’t go into any further detail about the outcome of that conversation but there is one building at the University of Alabama that I was not allowed to enter or be within 1,000 feet of for two years.

Well done Grover! Thank you.

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 19:52 (632 days ago) @ Grover Sr

- No text -