With hunting season just around the corner I have a couple

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, September 15, 2022, 15:57 (586 days ago)

of prime hunting handguns sale priced. This sale will be for today and tomorrow.
Both guns are in excellent condition and ready to go. And each gun comes with your choice of several barrels. Here are the 2 guns...
I have a blued Contender frame with a stainless 44 Magnum barrel on it and a Burris 2X scope. The barrel is 12". The barrel is new, the frame is in very good shape, almost "as new". I have the whole set up priced at $695. And the barrel has been fit to the frame and all is smooth working. It also comes with a camo Uncle Mike shoulder holster.Here is the Contender.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Here is the second gun.
This is a custom package. A custom G-2 frame and 284 GNR barrel. This gun like the gun above is in excellent condition. It has a 12" 284 GNR barrel with muzzle brake on it. The action has a full action job with special engraving on it. It has a Nikon 2.5 X 8 scope on it. This one is priced at $995. Here is the G-2.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Now here is the special part. Each of these handguns can be had at the sale price or you can switch barrels to any on the list below at no extra charge. I will fit the barrel of your choice to the frame and re-mount the scope. Here is the list of barrels you can choose from. Now remember this is in either the Contender or the G-2. Blue barrels.
7 GNR...10"
356 GNR...8"
257 Raptor...10"
366 GNR...14"
44 Mag...12"
and one stainless barrel
30 GNR...10"
So you have your choice of guns and your choice of barrels. And if you decide you want an extra barrel, you can add it to the gun you choose for $225 extra.

Just had a Misfit asking what the 284 GNR was.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, September 15, 2022, 16:47 (586 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

He had the older red loading manual. The 284 GNR is like a miniature 7 GNR. It is the 357 Maximum case necked down to 7mm. It will put a 100 grain bullet out of a 10" Contender at almost 2300 fps. It will do the 110 grain bullet at almost 2300 fps also and a 120 grain bullet at a bit over 1800 fps. The 284 GNR G-2 I put on the sale below took a nice deer last year and another took a hog at the HHC. It will also work in stretch frame revolvers but the bullet choice is slim.

With components hard to find and expensive

WB
[subject]
Friday, September 16, 2022, 07:01 (585 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

The custom single shots can bring lots of productive joy. Personally I really like the slow methodical tinkering with 20-40 rounds of specialized ammo, shot in pairs or groups of three to test performance. You get a lot of work done with very little outlay. The slower pace also fosters a more keen eye and trigger control. Exotica of the Reeder specialty rounds only add to the fun.

I need more of it myself.

When you have a mag full of ammo you want to bang!

With cartridges like the 284 GNR you end up using

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, September 16, 2022, 09:39 (585 days ago) @ WB

16 to 20 grains of powder so it is a money saver over cartridges like the 50 Alaskan and 45-70 and such.

Always wanted to cast for 7mm, I am about set for

WB
[subject]
Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:40 (585 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

6mm just need to get the time.

Here is the 284 GNR compared to the 7 GNR

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, September 16, 2022, 17:55 (585 days ago) @ WB

Left to right the 284 GNR for Contender and rifles with the longer nosed bullet, the 284 with the shorter nosed bullet for the revolver and the 7 GNR for comparison.
[image]

The 44 Magnum barrel is sold. I put the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:01 (585 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

10" 30 GNR on the frame to replace the 44 Mag barrel. The sale is still the same just a caliber change.

the Contender frame and 30 GNR barrel are sold

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, September 16, 2022, 17:36 (585 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I still have the G-2 frame and the list of barrels, minus the 44 mag and the 30 GNR barrels. The G-2 on sale is listed in this thread plus the barrels available.