A rifle/shotgun combo just in

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, September 19, 2022, 15:53 (577 days ago)

We picked up a few guns in a small estate over the weekend. This is one of them. It is a Savage model 24V over/under. It is 20 gauge in 3" magnum under a 222 barrel. The gun has been hunted with and has a few scuff marks but the gun is real tight, no loosness at all. There were also a couple of real small cracks just back of the action that have been repaired. It looks like the old gentleman refinished the stock recently (or sometime in his lifetime). We shot several rounds thru both barrels this morning and they function and extract fine. It has an older Bushnell 3X9 scope on it that is clear. Book value on it is $575. It is priced at $375.
928-527-4100 if you are interested.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Savage 24V

MQ1 @, Livermore, CA
[subject]
Monday, September 19, 2022, 20:36 (577 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Gary,

I’ll take it and will give you a ring tomorrow to sort out the details.

Chris

I owned that same gun/caliber in the 80’s

Bob Denning @, Kalispell MT
[subject]
Monday, September 19, 2022, 21:32 (577 days ago) @ MQ1

I thought it was the bees knees. Hunted everything with it in college. I hollowed out the Buttstock to hold 3 shotshells and six 222 shells. Put a sweet weaver 4x on it. The 222 only hit where the crosshairs pointed at for 3 shots. Each subsequent shot hit 1 inch higher than the last. I guessed it was due to the barrel heating up. I didn’t care, I never needed to shoot it more than 3 times anyway. I learned my own version of trick shooting with it. I could cut an empty pop can in half by shooting at a flat rock in front of the can. I don’t remember why I sold that gun. Probably for something stupid like rent or kids braces. That gun was my first love.

I had a fantastic 20ga.X .22 WMR 24V

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 07:42 (577 days ago) @ Bob Denning

Like Bob it went away for something I could have probably gone without like groceries or electric bills. I got four mouths to feed. But I still get by, greatly blessed.

The Savage 24V is sold.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 13:45 (576 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

You got it Chris

colleen reeder
[subject]
Monday, September 19, 2022, 22:35 (577 days ago) @ MQ1

- No text -

Thanks…

MQ1 @, Livermore, CA
[subject]
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 13:56 (576 days ago) @ MQ1

I just got off the phone completing the transaction, Colleen…thanks for the reply.

I’m older now, and have kids of my own. When I was young…we didn’t have much, and I didn’t really get into hunting or shooting sports until I was out of the house and fending for myself.

My oldest boy is 13 now, and this past Christmas I brought home a stubborn cur pup. His birthday is next week, and among other things he is going to get a Stevens 22/410 that I got just for that purpose. This winter that little mountain cur will tree some squirrels in CA for us, and we will make some more memories.

I’ve always liked utilitarian, no frills tools…and that is what the 24V is to me. I’ll develop a good load for the .222, and teach my boy how to make when the time comes. I expect that the 24V will likely be what my boy will use when I take him coyote hunting for a rancher friend who is always after calf killers. I’ll also likely pull off the scope and leave as iron sights…hard to beat that way if your eyes are still good