finally found a Sig I like. All the Sigs up to this one

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 12:41 (581 days ago)

have pretty much been the same since the mid 70s. They all look like the Sig 220. but this one is new and actually different and it doesn't have the Mickey Mouse hammer that goes twang when you pull the trigger. It is the new Xten, the new 10mm pistol based on the new 320 that the military is going to. I shot one extensively yesterday and it was accurate and actually felt good in the hand. The gun is heavy and with a full mag it should be balanced very well. It has that straight down trigger that I wasn't sure I would like but in shooting it, you don't notice it at all. I don't think it would be best for a daily carry as it is big and heavy with a full mag but for law enforcement or military or just a 10mm lover it should do very well. It has night sights in the rear and a bright green night sight up front. Standing off hand at 20 yards I kept them on one of our Ace of Spades cards, maybe a 2" group or a bit less. If you haven't seen one here it is.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

I’ve been playing with its little Glock 19 sized

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 13:12 (581 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Little brother, an x-Carry 320 9mm with a Wilson Compact II grip module. Basically a G19 size slide and G17 size grip. The factory SIG modules are sized SM, Med. and LG. The “gun” part assy pops out pretty easy (watch for that pin on the left that falls out) and goes back ok. It takes a little bit of fiddling at first.

I’ve read some cases of guys accidentally hitting the mag release in heat of battle. No issues for me so far. Mine has no safety and the trigger pull is very short and 5 lbs. Just keep your booger picker off the trigger!

I was skeptical about SIG and the long dust cover frames are growing on me. Looks like a good product so far. Good for Glock to have some real competition, we’ll surely benefit in the future.

My brother is a Sig freak

Sid R
[subject]
Sunday, September 25, 2022, 07:31 (577 days ago) @ WB

When I shoot his my thumb is always hitting the release button. I’ll stick to 1911’s.