I LIKE THIS ONE!

JT
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 14:53 (514 days ago)

Boy, that is a beauty

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 15:38 (514 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

Nice! That is a Sunday-Go-To-Meeting pistol!

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 16:13 (514 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

work?

FSimon
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 16:52 (514 days ago) @ JT

[image]

Who did the work? Very nice

Pietta--Capt Schaffer Model

JT
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 19:36 (514 days ago) @ FSimon

available through EMF

How do ya use that stubby lever, Cap’in?

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 20:10 (514 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

WITH A SLIXHAND FROM SLIX SPRINGS

JT
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 20:49 (514 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

SlixHand Loading Assist Lever

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 22:32 (514 days ago) @ JT

Very Nice! Just ordered one for myself. Following in JTs -

Jeff Spencer
[subject]
Monday, November 21, 2022, 23:17 (514 days ago) @ JT

footsteps is very beneficial to my health and well being!

SAVE YOURSELF SOME CAPP JAMMING ISSUES

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 11:50 (513 days ago) @ Jeff Spencer

TOOLS: Just as with loading smokeless powders in modern revolvers, there are a number of tools available to help make our task easier. An adjustable powder measure definitely helps as well as a brass flask to hold the powder. There are a number of tools for holding caps including straight-line versions which holds about 20 caps and a “snail” model which has a capacity of about 100 percussion caps. If I don’t have to have more than enough to cap one cylinder at a time, I prefer the latest Swedish Capper which is a round plastic piece with six arms each holding one cap. These are extremely easy to load and then place the cap on the nipple.
A loading stand provides the third hand needed when loading the cylinder, however I prefer to remove the cylinder and use a separate reloader. All Remingtons are easy to remove the cylinder and some Colts also. Especially when fitting tight round balls, the added leverage is quite welcome to the hand. SliX-Springs also offers a SliX Hand which fits over the handle of the loading lever on revolvers and this also provides extra leverage and treats the hand gently. A quality nipple wrench which really fits the nipples is also required and again I look to SliX-Springs for their SliX Wrench.
MODIFICATIONS: We’ve already mentioned one very important modification, that is the addition of a quality stainless steel nipples. The face of the hammers should also be inspected and any sharp edges or burrs removed as these can grab fired caps and pull them off the nipple, dropping them into the action. Inspecting the Colt hammers is especially important as they have a notch in the bottom face which fits over a pin found between each chamber which accepts this to serve as a safety. These are often sharp and require smoothing with a stone and/or file.

Hey JT, try those nipples before replacing

steve todd
[subject]
Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 19:01 (513 days ago) @ JT

The Italians make better nipples now, 10 years ago they had to be replaced before using, but much better quality and consistency these days.

They still are nowhere near the quality of the SLIX-SHOTS.

JT
[subject]
Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 08:42 (512 days ago) @ steve todd

I will continue to automatically replace all nipples/cones be they on Pietta, Uberti or Ruger percussion sixguns. Since the Scamdemic was foisted upon us I have experienced more than 30 new production percussion pistols and very few of them would make it through a cylinder full without cap jams. The problem is not only the factory nipples but the fact the factory caps are not as thick as they used to be.

Photo of SlixSpring Nipples

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 09:07 (512 days ago) @ JT

[image]

I have not tried any of the new caps and did not know they are thinner! The caps I am shooting now I purchased back in the 1980's. Fiocchi .. Remington and CCI. I just finished shooting all the old Remington's I had.

SLIX vs FACTORY

JT
[subject]
Thursday, November 24, 2022, 08:25 (511 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

MINE ARRIVED TODAY.LOCKS UP

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, November 22, 2022, 15:34 (513 days ago) @ JT

TIGHT. SMOOTH ACTION. EXCELLENT FIT AND FINISH-SLIX-SHOTS ARE ON THE WAY.

[image][image]