My carry pieces this weekend. Alone at house in the woods.

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 08:39 (515 days ago)

I’ve begun carrying two, the little .380, I forget it’s in my pocket. An extra 7-shot mag too. Feels like a flat pocket knife. The Ruger .357 is a chunk! 26 oz. vs the 21 or so of the little J steel gun. The K frame is not too many ounces beyond the snubby Ruger. But it would double as a bludgeon. I got the holster to work with it.

I can’t get away from my PM45. It’s tiny, uses GI 1911 mags and functions as a flattened revolver 5+1. The 1911 mag sticks out a little but no matter. I just bought another (3rd I’ve owned) P40 for peanuts ($275), couldn’t pass on it. Not everyone’s cup of tea, a 16 oz. .45/.40.

I plan on working up a nice carry arrangement for the 4” 686+ and 66. The HKS loaders are a little bulky. Just doing Dirty Harry style.

I’m not saying I don’t have other stuff here, just what I’m toting. Alternating the .45 and .357. Trigger action is similar, no manual safety and long DA.
[image]

I need retention, I’m clumsy.
[image]

Those little Kahr's are light and simple ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 10:45 (515 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

The worst resale value (sometimes) in the market.

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 11:57 (515 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I’ve never had a problem myself. I think it’s just fickle buyers. It’s too simple, not trendy. Two buttons, slide release and mag dump, about 30 parts. That’s fine by me though, a $800 retail, not even broken in piece for less than $300 delivered. I’m up for that. Remember the Uber exotic Semmerling LM4 for about $2k in 1980? These have that beat all over.

I do want to break out the wheelguns! Winter is made for CCW revolvers. I feel so confident with a good revolver. Denning and I went to a gun show in TN. Everyone was falling all over black plastic guns, no one looking at revolvers at all. S&W N-frames in the wood box asking $2000-2500! Probably a sound buy at $1500. That’s shocking to hear me say that! Old men are beginning to be in short supply, let’s stock up on revolvers!

You know there is a place for everything

james
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 12:38 (515 days ago) @ WB

When Colt came out with their Defender 45acp they ran an ad in the gun mag`s with a picture of the gun saying "actual size". I laid a Government model on top and was so amazed at the size of the gun I bought one. A light alloy frame and 3" barrel and with seven 230gr FMJ-FP rounds its about as light a 45acp carry gun I`ve seen... The Defender is bottom right with other full size semi-autos...[image]

Everyone I know who's had a Defender say

ChrisG
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 14:33 (515 days ago) @ james

they shoot real well! 45 and 9mm.

I have carried probably a dozen or more guns thru

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 17:44 (515 days ago) @ ChrisG

the years. Some I have carried are...
The S&W M-39
the S&W 3913
Colt Cobra
Colt Agent
Colt Ltwt Commander
Bren 10
AMT Longslide
American Derringer (DA 38)
Mauser HSC in 32
Plus a bunch more than I can't remember, but I always shifted back to the Star PD. I was at an early SHOT type show in Atlanta and George Nonte was behind a table talking to Bill Jordon and several others than I recognized the face but not the name. This was before gun writers thought they were legends. I have often wondered what John Taffin would think if he was in on some of those special conversations back then.

I wasn't in on this conversation so for a change I kept my big mouth shut and stayed in the background. Nonte had just done an article on the Star PD and he had his there on the table showing it. He claimed that was going to be his carry gun from then on. He wasn't getting paid to say good things about the PD and I was the only non gun writer around so I thought it would be a good idea to check one out. So when I got back to the gun shop on Monday I ordered the Star PD and have been carrying mine ever since. Also since then I have seen Cooper carrying a PD and have seen his comments on it, plus John Taffin has one. That is good enough for me.

John Taffin has one. That is good enough for me

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 19:33 (515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

That's good enough for me too!

Actually...

AmBraCol ⌂, The Center Of God's Grace
[subject]
Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 06:47 (515 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

doesn't John Taffin have a pair and a spare of just about everything? :-D :-D

--
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. Those involving teams and balls of any sort tend to be deleterious to one's body and promote violence by both spectators and participants.

Scotty, Ironic you mentioned seeing cops

james
[subject]
Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 20:11 (514 days ago) @ AmBraCol

with the Sig P-230 cause I bought it from a State Trooper whose hand was just to big for the grip.....:-)

Very nice, eclectic collection!

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 19:03 (515 days ago) @ james

I like the old 39 and that big stainless. The little SIG is a surprise. I saw some COPs with those .380's as a sidearm. I thought, what the heck?! But they chose what they carry so there must have been something to it. They loved them.

Some of us have always had revolvers.

IC
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 19:52 (515 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

What hurt Kahr Arms was somebody that thought

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 15:27 (513 days ago) @ WB

they knew everything posted an opinion about the church they are affiliated with. He called them the Moonies. It took a while for them to get away from that. They do have a very unusual church and church services. They want their members to bring an AR-15 with them to all services Their wedding ceremonies are really off the wall too with 2000 church members all carrying an AR-15. They are probably the most hard core pro gun folks around. The head man 's wife has a gold plated AR-15. They also own several gun companies too. I have in the past posted quite a few pictures of some of their church services showing all the AR-15s and such. but recently my computer died and I had to go to another new one and lost a lot of pictures that I am still trying to find. Jim Taylor might have a copy of those pictures showing the members of the church sitting in the pews holding their AR-15s between their knees and such.

Home Alone

Brian T
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 11:08 (515 days ago) @ WB

Need a dog of some sort

I have told him that a dozen times.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 14:58 (515 days ago) @ Brian T

- No text -

Just not a Golden Doodle like we have,

Derek
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 17:43 (515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

She will only bark at the cat or when needing to go out to potty.
Good and gentle, but runs from her own shadow right now, she is only 6 months old. She will look at the door if she hears something unusual, but she's not bold ha ha.

It's the poodle half, timid.

Darryl T.
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 17:52 (515 days ago) @ Derek

- No text -

You should've kept the Auto Mag. You could get $4000 for it

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 13:36 (515 days ago) @ WB

now. The older original 44 Auto Mags are bringing big bucks these days.

I know, never look back..,,

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 17:32 (515 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

We have Lucy, our part Bull Terrier. I just need an enclosure around the remote house. She’d love it. I’ve been thinking about another dog myself.

How many things do you need to kill, WB?

Winnturner48
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 14:07 (515 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

I just keep gathering till I'm not spooked

WB
[subject]
Monday, November 28, 2022, 18:59 (515 days ago) @ Winnturner48

I had a court hearing all afternoon, judge ruled in my favor on both motions. There are some seedy folks really unhappy this evening. They are just going to have to deal with it. I'm on point again tonight, alone. Except for a whiny pussy cat outside. But that's a tell too.

Knives, knives scare me. Travel 21' in a second! That's fast closing speed on you. And bears, I'm scared of bears too.

Well, most bears don't carry knives, except maybe

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 10:09 (514 days ago) @ WB

the bear that just ate a guy who was carrying a knife.

so far that's not working;)

Lynn41
[subject]
Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 13:50 (514 days ago) @ WB

- No text -