Selfish 586 GNR or 610 GNR

TBUCK59
[subject]
Saturday, December 03, 2022, 23:09 (480 days ago)

I’m looking for a Christmas present for myself. Gentlemen if you have one of Gary’s BIG BOYS I would like to buy one or both. Thanks Tim

I think Denning ended up with one.

WB
[subject]
Sunday, December 04, 2022, 07:56 (480 days ago) @ TBUCK59

Gary made a few Ruger No. 1 conversions and very few custom Encore barrels. It's a buyers market for Denning, don't get your hopes up too high.

You can email me your questions

Bob Denning @, Kalispell MT
[subject]
Sunday, December 04, 2022, 09:04 (480 days ago) @ WB

Bobkaleen at hotmail

There were a total of 10 guns chambered in either 586 GNR or

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Sunday, December 04, 2022, 11:28 (480 days ago) @ WB

610 GNR. Only 3 guns were chambered in 610 GNR. The rest in 586 GNR. I had 10 sets of dies made in each caliber so I still have a few in stock.

I have one of Gary’s 500 Nitro Express Encore rifles

Blake
[subject]
Sunday, December 04, 2022, 12:05 (480 days ago) @ TBUCK59

If you are interested. But it’s likely more fun than the average guy can stand, it only weighs 6.5 lbs :0)

I have a .500 NE barrel also. Need to get it running

WB
[subject]
Monday, December 05, 2022, 08:55 (479 days ago) @ Blake

The TC stocks and such are getting expensive. My .470 NE barrel I re-tapped the barrel for the 12 ga. Shotgun forend. Erik has one too and just used the rifle forend with the tiny head screws. (With no problems reported I might add) My .470 I was able to add weight to get it near 10 lbs. That was very comfortable shooting with the brake. Laminated furniture was a BIG mistake however. It broke no matter what I did.

The big head screw, 12 ga. forend is arguably the best set-up but a little challenging to put all together. Truly now that it’s generally out of production. I’ll likely just mod the smaller (current tap hole) rifle forend with some washers so it can’t pull through under recoil.

I mounted a longer, 6-inch, eye relief fixed power scope on Doug’s .500 Encore set up at 10 lbs. No matter the warnings somebody eventually would get scope dinked on the eyebrow and bleed a little. The better set up would be a red dot sight! FWIW

We have built a LOT of 470 Nitro barrels and guns

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, December 05, 2022, 16:10 (479 days ago) @ WB

thru the years. Not as many 500 Nitro. One or two 475 Jeffery #2, 450/400, 404 Jeffery, 505 Gibbs, 510 Wells, 458 Lott, 450 Watts Magnum, 510 Express, 500 A-Square, 585 Nyati, 470 Catsdick, 475 A&M, and one or two others. When our shop was in Florida we sorta specialized in African calibers and built a lot of bolt guns in these calibers. When we moved out here in early '94 we continued to build a lot of African caliber rifles. That began to taper off a few years back but we still build one or two a year.

I remember you talking about the problems you had

Blake
[subject]
Wednesday, December 07, 2022, 07:08 (477 days ago) @ WB

With the laminate stock’s. I had Gary add 3 screw holes in the barrel. And I bedded the forend to the barrel and the stock to the receiver with “right stuff” , it’s an automotive sealant/adhesive, dependent on how you apply it. You could pull the screws out of the forend and it won’t come off during recoil! It is possible to remove the stock and forend but it will destroy the woods. The adhesive on the other hand will come right off the metal with your fingernail and won’t effect the finish of the metal. I have like 50+ rounds through my 500NE with no problems with the furniture.
[image][image][image][image][image]