Question for the misfits.

SPB
[subject]
Sunday, January 22, 2023, 09:39 (450 days ago)

Have you had any experience changing a lock set on a gun safe from the dial type to digital? Someone in my house thinks we should.

I disagree, I hate the digital but then again everything I

jthomson
[subject]
Sunday, January 22, 2023, 09:49 (450 days ago) @ SPB

have is old school LOL

I should clarify that, the dial's that I have contain a

jthomson
[subject]
Sunday, January 22, 2023, 09:53 (450 days ago) @ jthomson

key lock that allows you to lock the dial, so I have mine set to the last number and then locked. So, I just unlock the dial and turn to the last digit to open, I of course don't leave it that way when I am gone

Thank you Jon. My sentiments exactly. I like your idea of

SPB
[subject]
Sunday, January 22, 2023, 11:01 (450 days ago) @ jthomson

locked on last digit.

I’d suggest dial combo lock

Ron Orbeck
[subject]
Sunday, January 22, 2023, 22:25 (450 days ago) @ SPB

I have the digital and it just beeped after each digit was entered so I called the customer service last week. The digital is circular and the whole thing is pushed upward to tip back the digital round looking pad to access the 9 volt battery that had to be replaced. Then I turned the dial to a 20 before putting in my combination. After putting the digital combo in you hear it click and the key turns to the stop number and the door handle turns to open it.
My point is if you have one lock its nice to have a second lock for quick access. All my other safes are dial only with a key. The digital has been a pain in the ass.

NO! I H AD TO GO

JT
[subject]
Sunday, January 22, 2023, 12:18 (450 days ago) @ SPB

THE OTHER WAY WHEN DIGITAL CRASHED.

Thank you all for your help.

SPB
[subject]
Monday, January 23, 2023, 09:01 (449 days ago) @ SPB

- No text -

Honestly I’ve never had issue with the battery

WB
[subject]
Monday, January 23, 2023, 11:14 (449 days ago) @ SPB

Powered electronic locks. But I much prefer the dial manual locks. Not that I expect an EMP blast to lock me out. But I generally mistrust the electronics.

Like WB I have never had any problem with the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, January 23, 2023, 12:27 (449 days ago) @ SPB

battery operated lock. We have 11 safes here in the 2 machine shops and the gun shop and of the 11 safes 5 are manually operated, the rest are off a battery. When I have a customer waiting out front I like the battery operated for it's quickness. If I am busy in the machine shop and I need to get a gun out of one of the safes and I am in a hurry with a customer on hold, that is when I like a digital lock. Other than that I really can live with either one.