With the bad news of TC's demise the frames and

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 12:00 (403 days ago)

barrels are hitting the ceiling, especially the Encores as there were considerably less of them made than the Contenders. I checked over the weekend to see what the Encore frames were selling for on the internet and they are high but not as high as they will be in 6 months as a lot of people don't know that TC is gone and the Encores and Contenders are no more. I mentioned this to a friend a few days ago and he brought his custom Encore frame in on consignment this morning. Anyway the old gentleman said he hasn't shot it much and never hunted with it. The frame is as new custom with a full action job and along with the soft rubber grip and forend. We have it priced at $1395 and the gun is mint, 99% as new. I know that sounds high but I saw several over the weekend on the internet well over $1700 and they were all well used. And from what I hear S&W has all the tooling taken down and crated up and shipped to a warehouse. So if you want an encore or Contender, whether you get it from me or not, get it soon as the prices are just going to get higher.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Now I know how the 1st Gen Colt SAA boys felt.

WB
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 12:26 (403 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

but there was a war that messed things up back then. Now it's the market, economy, the boomers fading... The Encore and G2 Contender in particular were the best!

I'm happy I got both my boys interested and some TC's of their own. Prices are going to go nuts!

MANY AN EYE

JT
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:58 (403 days ago) @ WB

Was dampened at the news of Colt dropping the Single Action Army in 1940... Col. Charles Askins

JT did you know Col. Askins?

Grover Sr
[subject]
Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 15:47 (402 days ago) @ JT

- No text -