Eyes going fast, time coming soon

WB
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 12:21 (410 days ago)

I'm saving my beans for a semi-auto dot type sight. I seem to perfer the Leupold Delta Pro over the Trijicon RMR but the Holosun 507C is getting good press. I just like Leupold stuff over the years...

This is for my SIG 320X Carry.

The local cops got new G17's with Holosun of some model. My guy told me they got the sights for about $250 wholesale. Not sure if it's the 407 or 507's. I'll get a report about how the training went later this month. I sure have trouble transitioning from a "laser dot" out on the target from iron sights. But I'm used to hunting handguns with optics, so maybe it will be more natural.

Same with eyes, but am pretty sure that

Mike H.
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 13:13 (410 days ago) @ WB

I would not carry the increased bulk. Only Trijicon experience is a couple of their mini ACOGs which were incredibly rugged, and would guess their other sights are top drawer in that respect, while those less so might leave you holding the bag when somebody else wants it. But, only a guess. Be sure to post results on whatever you try. Much of the SIG electronics are made by Holosun, fyi, when pricing stuff.

Oops. Didn't mean to interfere with the subject

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:02 (410 days ago) @ Mike H.

- No text -

I put a dab of white paint on my gold bead

Grover Sr
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:56 (410 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

To pick it up quicker with my eye. A vertical whie line at the bottom of the v notch also helps me. I wonder if an ivory bead would be feasible?

when they first came out I tried a Delta Point

james
[subject]
Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 12:51 (409 days ago) @ Grover Sr

on my FA`s and went and used on boar hunt... It was a bitch finding the dot and when I did it was shaking like a lighting bug on steroids... Sold it and got my money back as it just was not for me... All the power to those that use them effectively ,,,[image]

That has been my reason to stay with either scope or iron

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 14:10 (409 days ago) @ james

sights. If I had a good rest and plenty of time to take the shot it would be fine but hunting seldom gives me that option.

we are on the same page with this Gary

james
[subject]
Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 19:08 (408 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

For young cops who have no bad habits like

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 13:30 (410 days ago) @ WB

hunting guns with scopes and such they have very little problem transitioning to the red dot sights. I have no problem using red dots on my ARs but on a handgun I still find myself thinking "where in hell is the dot!" On my hunting revolvers I am comfortable with optics or with iron sights with the gold bead up front. On my last Africa hunt for my lion I used a revolver with the gold bead front sight and felt natural with it. But for dangerous game I would rather not depend upon a red dot sight. Now if I were sitting in a ground blind and had one of my revolvers in hand with the red dot sight then that would be a different situation. In a situation where I have plenty of time to find that dot and put it where I should then it is fine but not when I need that dot right now as in immediately.

Red dots

Ray Shepard
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:00 (410 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Interesting to see how many red dots on handguns are catching on like crazy. I see a lot of people carrying their semi-autos now with red dots and also a lot of L.E. agencies are using them on duty handguns. I struggled switching over to a red dot on a handgun. I found the best way for me to find the dot is to keep my draw the same and look for me front sight and the dot appears. But like Gary said, the younger people seem to pick it up better.

My department uses S&W M&P9 with a Trijicon RMR. This is the m&p9 2.0 and in my opinion way better than the original version.

[image]

[image]

I hear the RMR is military tough! The attraction to the

WB
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 15:04 (410 days ago) @ Ray Shepard

Leupold is the bigger unobstructed view. Honestly I’d have a cheerful time potting small objects and the occasional bunny with a dot sighted SIG. Seldom am I called into tactical combat. But it’s my CCW and the point of carrying it is in case I need it, I sure don’t need impediments. Currently it has delightful large glowing green night sights that work well.

I’m just curious to see if the new tech can help. That’s the $400 question, I can always use it hunting.

This is apparently what the Feds are going to:

SPB
[subject]
Monday, March 13, 2023, 16:25 (410 days ago) @ WB