Just what Waterboy is looking for

Darryl T.
[subject]
Friday, March 24, 2023, 17:17 (370 days ago)

Not sure whats behind this movement

WB
[subject]
Saturday, March 25, 2023, 07:17 (370 days ago) @ Darryl T.

as "pump" actions are as American as apple pie and straight pull adaptations are out there. There is another soon to be announced "Lever" AR besides this one too. I just can't see the homies taking to them.

I will say this one is the cleanest looking to date. Why is is $1300 rather than $800? Price point is too high.

Likely trying to market to restrictive states, and

Mike H.
[subject]
Saturday, March 25, 2023, 07:30 (370 days ago) @ WB

with the expectation of an AR ban, them trying to get in on ground floor and hoping to dominate market. They miss the point that if simple semi-autos are banned, most any repeater is just as easily banned, regardless of caliber. If a 10/22 becomes illegal, they think a lever/straight pull/pump military caliber will be unscathed?

You gotta remember everything has gone up

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, March 25, 2023, 11:44 (369 days ago) @ WB

in price. $1300 isn't out of line if the quality is there. We got a batch of barrel blanks yesterday and they were almost 50% higher than the last batch 4 weeks ago. Bluing salts have doubled in price. Cleaning powder for the bluing tanks has gone up almost 100%. Small parts for our custom revolvers are extremely high if we can get them at all. I get calls every few days from friends at small shops that build custom long guns and they are needing some parts. I pretty much have a standing offer of $500 cold hard cash for a good used Ruger single action because sometimes that is the only way I can get a base gun for a custom series. By the way, that offer still stands. $500 for a good used Ruger center fire single action or $600 in custom work.

Another problem we have is our idiot mayor priced many small shops out of business due to his minimum $15 per hour that goes up every year. It is now $17 per hour and that includes 17 year old kids flipping burgers at McDummies. Slugs that can't get a job in Phoenix for more than $10 per hour are coming up here for almost twice that and really screwing up a lot of small businesses. Average morons that can't spell machinist are getting machinist wages because that is the law. High school kids working a few hours after school are getting $17 an hour sweeping the floor. Unfortunately, when you get a liberal moron in as mayor all kinds of idiot laws are going to go into effect.
Anyway, $1300 isn't out of line for a decent quality gun. That is something that will be decided after a few of them are in shooter's hands. The only reason AR-15s are $800 or a bit less is because there are probably 25 machine shops that are making the parts. Look at some of the high dollar bolt action rifles. They are the same quality as one of the new Mossbergs but 2 or 3 times the price. And the new Mossbergs have proven themselves accuracy wise by beating some of the high dollar guns in competition. The young shooters these days pay $3000 to $4000 for a bolt action gun just because a gun writer wrote up as the best thing since hay loft sex.
It all boils down to the high dollar guns are not necessarily the best guns. These days you don't always get what you pay for.

So, we have straight pull, now lever action, and

Mike H.
[subject]
Saturday, March 25, 2023, 07:22 (370 days ago) @ Darryl T.

I await the pedal powered AR for my bicycle handlebars.

Is "Red" Herring the full name?

ChrisG
[subject]
Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 21:40 (366 days ago) @ Darryl T.

- No text -