555 Black polish

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 17:29 (364 days ago)

For years we have been using Brownells 555 Black for our mirror finish on our stainless guns. But Brownells has been out of it for months and months. We have tried other brands but they lack the mirror finish I want. And I hate to settle for second best or third best. Brownells has let a lot of gun people down in the last several months in their "out of stock" label on just about everything.
So and here I go again begging. If any of you guys have any of the 555 Black tubes of polish that you are not using I will gladly buy it from you at whatever price you quote me, plus the shipping. Also I will settle for the 555 Grey polish if all else fails. How's that for down to earth begging. Post it on here or call me at 928-526-3313.

Man, supplies are getting dodgey

WB
[subject]
Thursday, March 30, 2023, 14:58 (363 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

We are having issues in our business too. A water meter used to cost about $40, now it's $300. But they last a long time.

You might check with automotive supply houses on super fine polishing supplies. Perhaps Jewelry supply houses too. They probably won't have the exact product but might have something just as suitable or even better. I saw a guy working with 2000 grit sandpaper. I never knew it even existed.

The 555 grey or 555 black are designed to polish metal

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 30, 2023, 15:52 (363 days ago) @ WB

some of the other polishes will either do nothing on hard steel or will buff off the logo or caliber. We have tried several polishes from jewelry to car polishes and they just don't do the job right. I managed to find a couple tubes of
555-white and that does a good job of polishing but takes 3 or 4 times as long and uses up a big hunk of the polish. Anyway hopefully someone might have an extra tube or two that I can buy from them. These shortages are killing me.

This is the best stuff I have found

Blake
[subject]
Thursday, March 30, 2023, 18:18 (363 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

It will pull burnt oil stains out of Crome exhaust!
[image]

I'll check it out. Thanks Blake

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 31, 2023, 11:07 (363 days ago) @ Blake

- No text -