Right from snow to our Monsoon season??!!

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2023, 12:36 (314 days ago)

Two weeks ago we still had snow on the ground. The rain started last week and the weather yoyos say we are going to have heavy rain for the next 10 to 14 days. Some guy named Noah stopped in this morning asking if we had 2 Jack Russells he could buy.

Oh no, that means in a couple days....

WB
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:40 (314 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

It always heads this way, sometimes it goes north. We'll be whining and wanting rain come July and August. Been wet here. Ranchers are getting their first hay cut right now, should be at least 3x more this year. Hay used to be $30-45 for a big round bale, I bet it's going to be $60-80 with the costs going up. Last year a square bale was $9 and now it's over $15. That's a precursor to meat prices too.

Today I have the misfortune to be working on a boat. I'm no more a boat mechanic than gunsmith. But in like fashion, with lack of suitable alternatives, I'm forced into the position. Glory be to God alone I found the problem. (I find no place in the Bible where one cannot pray for fixing a boat) A corroded battery ground wire. In the most inaccessible place imaginable. Between the exhaust piping and output drive, at the back, in the mechanical abyss. I can lay prostrate on the V-8 and just get my fingers on top of the nut and stud. But it's operating! Glory be. Last year I failed to find it with a hernia infirmary, but this year we are lake bound. Last summer I did buy a new ignition switch and couple relays (troubleshooting) but they will be spares. Now the massive cleaning and re-assembly begins.

No rest for the wicked, but with rain coming I can work on it slower with no guilt.

If it comes your way you will have your share of rain for

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2023, 18:22 (313 days ago) @ WB

a month or two.

Just Blew Through Here!

~JM~
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:05 (314 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

From clear blue sky, to wind driven clouds, big thunder & lightning, HAIL, rain, then blew away! Looks like 2" of rain inside the gauge in less than an hour.

All's quiet on the western front... For now.

Oops! Spoke too soon. Huge thunder clap!