Pocket blasters

WB
[subject]
Monday, May 22, 2023, 10:14 (339 days ago)

It’s probably just me wanting another gun, after a brief dry spell of not having a new toy. I can think of worse addictions.

The wife’s lovely custom S&W 60 is a benchmark. Truly fantastic but just a little heavy in my church pants pocket. The reason they make the “Airweight” models. I love the RB M37/637 but I’m strangely drawn to the very homely looking M38/638. Never had one and it’s go ugly I think it’s cool. 14 oz. is their listed portage along with the regular 37. I’m trying to find one without the late “keyhole”, as I find myself getting superficial as the years collect.

The .38 Special to me is the minimum defense caliber, for real. However I’ll carry about anything. I just don’t feel the same about the .380 ACP. I’m ordering some 6-shot HKS speedloaders in .32 cal. for my 100 yr. old Colt Pocket and SP101. Hopefully they are close enough to work.

I tried to research the true weights of various pocket guns but it’s impossible for such ancient pieces. The S&W was loaded with alloy cased 125gr. HP, the Colt is empty. I do note my Kahr P380 with 7-rnds. is just over 14 oz. So 14-18 oz. Is my happy place. BTW my 2” .357 SP-101 ran about 27 oz.! What a brick.

[image]

[image]

The top gun in the attached photo is a early

james
[subject]
Monday, May 22, 2023, 12:06 (339 days ago) @ WB

model 60 with 3" barrel, adjustable sights and made for 38+P. I`ve always felt that if someone were limited to one gun that this M-60 would be a good choice. Today, the same gun is made to handle 357...My gun shoots Remington 38+P 158gr LSW-HP pretty decent out to 25...[image]

I have a good friend, a cattleman, that

WB
[subject]
Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:04 (339 days ago) @ james

Chose a 3” M60 .357 as his farm carry gun. He keeps a Glock .45 in his truck, but the S&W is always on his hip. Being notable snake country his first two are CCI snake loads, followed by some flavor of JHP. Plenty enough to do the job.

Way back I took a shine to the 4” Colt Police Positive Special. While I love the D frame Colts, with 6-shots in 32-20, the .38 Special is the real choice. They are handy, plentiful, and usually cheaper than a low production semi-custom S&W. Just make sure it’s in good timing, there are very few real Colt gunsmiths around today. I still have a short barrel Diamondback on my bucket list.

I remember Skeeter writing about a fellow

james
[subject]
Monday, May 22, 2023, 19:07 (339 days ago) @ WB

who moved to Alaska with a 32-20 revolver being his only firearm. Can`t remember if it was a Colt or S&W but Skeet said that the gun kept the flatlander fed through the Alaskan winter.....

651 22 Magnum

AkRay
[subject]
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 10:17 (338 days ago) @ james

I like that one the best of the guns in your picture, James. Easy to carry, easy to shoot and pretty hard to find.