A couple of our Misfits were successful

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, May 22, 2023, 17:25 (333 days ago)

on Musk Ox.
This is Anthony Ransom's critter.
[image]

This is the Musk Ox for Shawn DeRemer ...
[image]
Congrats to both of them

My sincere congratulations to Tony and Shawn

james
[subject]
Monday, May 22, 2023, 19:00 (333 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

well done....

A Musk Ox has been on my bucket list for

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, May 22, 2023, 22:46 (333 days ago) @ james

a few years. I hope to be able to take care of that. My only reservation and why I have put it off for a few years is no handguns in Canada. I have hunted in Canada a few times, for bear, Caribou, Arctic Fox and more bear but each time except one I managed to use a handgun. The Feds up there are a lot tighter these days. On one of my hunts in the Quebec/Labrador area for Caribou, I used a custom Ruger #1 in 45-70. On another I used a drilling (3 barreled gun).I used a 9.3X74 barrel on my Caribou, the 8mm barrel on Ptarmigan and in the 3rd barrel I had a Kreighoff 22 Magnum insert fit to the barrel and used it on Artic fox.

I kills me that some of the finest hunting lands in this world are now not open for handguns. Canada, Australia, New Zealand and several other countries are now anti handgun.

Excuse my rambling this evening. I am bluing tonight and waiting for my tanks to come up to temp.
One other thing here being I am rambling on about hunting. Our HHC is coming up Sept 21 thru 24. I will be running it again this year for Alcorn who has some health problems. On the subject of not being able to hunt certain places anymore, I always have folks tell me they are going to go hunting in this area or that area next year or the year after that. If you enjoy hunting, don't put it off. If you want to join us in Tennessee in September for our HHC hunt, don't put it off. Make it happen while you can still do it. None of us are promised tomorrow.

Nunivak Island, AK has musk ox hunts

AkRay
[subject]
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 09:37 (333 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

A teacher in my school went there and shot a musk ox years ago. I don't know if they have any requirements that hunters use rifles or not.

Here's some info, or a link to info

AkRay
[subject]
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 09:39 (333 days ago) @ AkRay

What is the metal locking tag?

Derek
[subject]
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 11:02 (332 days ago) @ AkRay

- No text -

Screw all of those nations.

John W
[subject]
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 14:17 (332 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

As I was reading this I recalled a recently that Canada enacted two laws through their strong parliamentary system.

One which took effect in March now allows euthanasia by a doctor for anyone mentally ill. So someone who is depressed can lawfully kill themselves with the aide of a doctor. To me that is morally reprehensible.

Second. Trudeau signed a law that bans any future transfers or purchases of handguns in Canada. So if you have one you can keep it but once you pass on the handgun will be destroyed. Since handguns are registered through a central agency they know what you have.

The other nations were more or less Nazi like through the plandemic.

I'll save my money and spend it in the good ole USA.