For All You Guardians of the Castle

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, May 26, 2023, 07:57 (329 days ago)

I remember getting scolded for

WB
[subject]
Friday, May 26, 2023, 09:30 (329 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

sitting on the edge of the car seat in the back. "sit back, you'll go flying through the windshield", like sliding back 6" would make a difference. The car didn't even HAVE seat belts! A '56 Chevy 4DR my mom drove for years in the 1960s.

Or sitting on the fender hump in the back of a pick-up going down the highway at 60. "Sit flat, you'll go flying out!" Yeah right. I think it's illegal to even ride it the back of a truck now.

yup and yuup

Lynn41
[subject]
Friday, May 26, 2023, 10:50 (329 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Dangerous stuff

Winnturner48
[subject]
Friday, May 26, 2023, 11:40 (329 days ago) @ WB

Many years ago, before I retired, I was in the life insurance business. We had annual trips for adequate performance. One of those trips took us to the "Club Fed" in Scottsdale AZ.
My wife Lee and I arrived early and took a side trip to the Grand Canyon. We got there early enough to check out the cabin we were going to be in and go to the hotel dining room. IN THE DAYLIGHT.
There was a 3 foot high wall near the entrance to the hotel. One side was 3 feet, the other was at least 3000 feet. Straight down into the canyon.
We leave the restaurant AFTER DARK and three of my coworkers, who arrived after dark are walking on the wall. They are also somewhat drunk. New Yorkers by the way.
I suggested they hop off the wall on this side. They didn't until I tossed a rock over the wall and they never heard it hit.
Their expressions were priceless. If only I had my camera.
The south, even if we talk slow, sometimes has more sense.