It's odd the guns that are showing up these days

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 26, 2023, 14:36 (307 days ago)

I have received 4 N frame Smith & Wessons, one model 27 in 357 mag, one original 44 Magnum before the model designation, and 2 model 25-5 in 45 Long Colt. All were sent in by older gentlemen who needed Positive Performance Packages or rebluing. One of them, the model 27 in 357 Magnum was to be rechambered to 356 GNR, engraved and reblued. We don't get the older N frame revolvers in very often, maybe one a year, now 4 in 3 months. It is nice to see the old classic N frames for a change.

A lot of us old farts prefer the older guns ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Friday, May 26, 2023, 20:54 (306 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

the newer ones work fine for the most part, but they have no soul.

Very true, calibers too! At the CSA shoot

WB
[subject]
Saturday, May 27, 2023, 10:05 (306 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

one feller looking over my Reeder collection exclaimed ".32-20, .38-40, seems like we should be friends!". That is an interesting way to meet folks.

I've had this lingering sensation for a Colt SAA 4-3/4". I was able to collect a .32 WCF Bisley 4-3/4 (the most common caliber and Bisley's are less desirable than SAAs). But it was still expensive. A fine shooter though. I've not seen a REAL shooter grade I could afford, and I may more realistically try an Italian version. I'm set pretty good with Rugers and such. I'd like a more authentic SAA for the collection. Used to, you could find a shot out .41 Colt for cheap, not anymore.

Yeah ... I kind of would like a 4 3/4" .45 Colt SAA ...

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Saturday, May 27, 2023, 10:26 (306 days ago) @ WB

but I don't want to spend what they are asking for 'em just for a shooter. I came to same conclusion as you did.

Have a Peitta clone SAA 4 3/4 very well put together.--

Jeff Spencer
[subject]
Saturday, May 27, 2023, 22:07 (305 days ago) @ WB

Cylinder has no play whatsoever, and the trigger is more than acceptable. Built better than original, and only cost a little over $540 in my area.

.45 Colt is the caliber

Jeff Spencer
[subject]
Saturday, May 27, 2023, 22:09 (305 days ago) @ Jeff Spencer

- No text -