1851 Navy .36 by Pietta

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 12:22 (312 days ago)

[image]

I have enjoyed playing with the 1851 Navy .. but that little bitty brass bead for a front sight just wasn't cutting it!

[image]

So I removed the bead and cut a dovetail in the barrel and mounted an 1858 Remington front sight.

[image]

[image]

The Remington sight proved to be way too narrow for me to see very well, so I pulled it out and installed a Williams rifle front sight. I began cutting it down as it was too high.

[image]

On the range I removed most of the sight with a file to get it to the proper elevation.

[image]

Then I re-shaped it -again.
[image]

[image]

I am getting it dialed in.

[image]

[image]

very good. Need a job?

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 12:27 (312 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

- No text -

Thanks. I work pretty slow and I am sloppy at times.

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 12:33 (312 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

You don't need the headaches. :-)

This time a year ago I had 4 machinists and a couple

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 12:38 (312 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

of good metal and wood workers. Today I have 2 plus Kase and me. Nobody wants to work. They can get $420 a week unemployment so why work.

I am sorry to hear that. Not good for you or the nation.

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 13:04 (312 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

I talk to people every day that own small to

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 14:07 (312 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

medium businesses all across the country and they all say the same thing, nobody wants to work. They are all hurting due to no help and being behind. This country is really in a mess, and I don't see any change in the long run.

Yes it's sad

475BISLEY480
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 16:41 (312 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Like one man plus myself run an entire water department that services sewer and water to a few thousand people and we work our fingers to the bone and no one else wants to get a job and help us. If they do they only last like a month or two then guess what they quit.

Try finding some boys to crawl in a muddy ditch

WB
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 19:48 (312 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

For $20 an hour to keep the whole county in water and sewer services. It’s getting tough. We really try to take care of the ones we get too. But it’s a thankless and tough job, for a younger man. We have to find men who care and know others depend on them, even taken for granted. A uphill battle for sure, happening all over in varied industry.

Be hard for me to make it on $420 a week!

Derek
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 17:17 (312 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Same here in NC. I don't see how they make ends meet. Going to use a vacation day this Friday for my heart cath so I don't miss a day of pay, need all the moola$$ I can get lol.

The first two questions from all the potential

jthomson
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2023, 18:42 (312 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

people I interview for the city positions seemed to be, 1. When is Payday ? 2. Do I really have to there at 8 in the morning ?

Many want to be a YouTube sensation.

John W
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2023, 04:51 (312 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -