Anybody ever try a Colt New Frontier .22 SA?

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 07, 2024, 12:25 (170 days ago)

When I was a kid I loved Colts. The advertisements really set me on fire. The replica eagle grips, plastic not rubber, and case colored frames really looked the part. Plus an extra Magnum cylinder and adjustable sights!

Did they shoot to any count?

I was later suspicious if Colt actually made them or they were Italian contracted. If not complete manufacture, manufacture of parts then assembled in country. That might get around some European proofing. The truck loads of "Commemorative" models looked just like my Italian FIE only cosmetically finished to much higher standards. It's been a bitter pill in many ways, having my childhood dreams pissed upon by late realization of reality. First Santa, then Capstick..., the moon shot. The list gets longer.

[image]

Never had one, but understand the childhood dream problem.

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 07, 2024, 12:51 (170 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

My childhood dream was a hot teacher i had!

Jeff Spencer
[subject]
Wednesday, February 07, 2024, 15:09 (170 days ago) @ SPB

- No text -

My chemistry teacher was a little brunette who was

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, February 08, 2024, 11:15 (169 days ago) @ Jeff Spencer

stacked in all the right places. One morning after school started they announced that we would have a test of a fire drill that afternoon. When the buzzer went off we were to grab whatever was important to us and file out into the hall. When the buzzer went off that afternoon I grabbed the teacher and carried her out into the hall. I guess I could have got into some trouble but she just laughed and was more worried about her little short skirt coming up to her waist. We became good friends after that but unfortunately it never went any further than that.

Got one of these, but never fired it

jthomson
[subject]
Wednesday, February 07, 2024, 16:11 (170 days ago) @ WB

My impression

ORG
[subject]
Thursday, February 08, 2024, 12:36 (169 days ago) @ WB

Way back, like 1970-something, a friend bought one of those. He went in to buy a Single-Six like mine but fell under the spell of the Colt. It was a quite nice little gun, well-fitted and deeply polished/blued. Had the extra magnum cylinder.

It shot as well as my Ruger for both of us, considering that neither of us what you’d call an expert marksman back then. All I can tell you is that my impression of the Colt was that it felt somehow “smaller” than the Ruger, and the action sounded and felt somehow more “delicate”. Granted the extra nice Colt finish.

I would not have traded guns with him. :-|

ORG

There’s just something robust about Rugers

WB
[subject]
Thursday, February 08, 2024, 13:37 (169 days ago) @ ORG

I’m sure the Colt has more clickety-clack and if I remember right they were sort of miniature little SAA lock work? That’s still on my list, they are pretty no matter.

I have one...

~JM~
[subject]
Thursday, February 08, 2024, 15:04 (169 days ago) @ WB

It is a great looking & well fit revolver with both cylinders. I like it, but I find it difficult to hold it correctly for each shot. The grip frame is somewhat small. My hands are not large.

That’s classic, except for grips before 1873

WB
[subject]
Thursday, February 08, 2024, 19:30 (169 days ago) @ ~JM~

Colt handgun grips are just strange and slightly misshapen. Pre-war S&W are not quite right to me either. (But so much better than Colt) I have a Victory model .38 Special, thank goodness for Tyler grip adapters.