A new 510 Hunter for Ray Shepard

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, March 19, 2024, 16:02 (38 days ago)

We just finished this one for Ray for one of his African hunts.
[image]
The gun is all stainless steel and has an 8½" octagonal barrel to make it legal for hunting in Africa.
[image]

It is all satin Vapor Honed stainless with several African animals engraved on the cylinder.
[image]
[image]
[image]
It has the red and black laminated grips.
[image]
The frame is drilled and tapped for the scope. The gun has had the Positive Performance Package and is smooth and accurate too. A sure winner for Ray in Africa.

Ray thats a really nice looking set up. Africa is calling!

Jeff Spencer
[subject]
Tuesday, March 19, 2024, 23:50 (38 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Oooweee I am excited to have a gun in 50 cal

Ray Shepard
[subject]
Thursday, March 21, 2024, 12:17 (36 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Anyone have recommendations on where to find bullets?

Look on the internet. Before my lion hunt I was needing .510

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, March 21, 2024, 14:58 (36 days ago) @ Ray Shepard

caliber bullets. An old fellow several months before that had stopped by the gun shop with a lot of bullets to sell. In there was a small box of 50 jacketed soft point .510 caliber bullets in the 350 grain weight. No brand or anything on the box. I tried them in my 510 GNR and they shot great. That was perfect as I developed the 510 GNR for the 325 to 350 grain bullets. I wanted a lot of punch but some speed too and these bullets had both.
Anyway if you can find them stay with the 325 to 350 grain weight as that is what these guns like. Since that lion hunt I have built several guns just like mine and yours. Good luck in Africa with it. I will be taking mine to Africa in July.
[image]
[image]

Another bullet that my 510 likes is a 435 grain

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 22, 2024, 14:22 (35 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

hard cast gas checked bullet. It is a bit heavy and gives the gun a bit more recoil but if you plan on hunting something big it is a good bullet for that.

I'll see if I can find a place to get the hard cast gas check bullets for you. Somebody on here may have a place to find the hard cast bullets.

Here we go Ray. Montana Bullet works

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 22, 2024, 14:30 (35 days ago) @ Ray Shepard

https://www.montanabulletworks.com/product-category/pistol/

They have a hard cast 400 grain gas checked bullet meant for the 500 Linebaugh but perfect for the 510 GNR.