The Eclipse is Today

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Monday, April 08, 2024, 05:57 (21 days ago)

It's a nice overcast morning with no sunshine predicted but apparently we will have rain to go along with the clouds.

Other than the expense of traveling, it ain't like eclipses don't happen quite regularly. If you read/listen to the news you would think an eclipse only happens rarely, but there are at least 2 every year and often there are 3 .. someplace in the world.

Those preachers who are predicting some kind of apocalyptic event because of the eclipse seem to be ignorant that this event happens regularly someplace in the world. But I guess it sells books and videos.

A Viet Nam vet, army Captain said this about the lunacy

SPB
[subject]
Monday, April 08, 2024, 06:41 (21 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

often displayed: “When in troubles, when in doubt… run in circles scream and shout!”

He had been there and seen the elephant.

Have faith in Jesus Christ, HE’S got this.

We have had a lot of unusual helicopter activity for

Andy S
[subject]
Monday, April 08, 2024, 08:19 (21 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

The last three days. This includes Apache and the Jolly green giant. I don’t know what’s going on, but they said to expect more the same today and this weekend. I just think it’s more propaganda. FYI.

they are just looking for a man said to be selling

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, April 08, 2024, 14:30 (21 days ago) @ Andy S

under-age mules into slavery.

I thought about the Lord's return with all goings on

WB
[subject]
Monday, April 08, 2024, 08:33 (21 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

and His tarry will be a little bit of disappointment. I would like the idea of not doing my taxes this year, leaving a bit of debt behind, no looming medical decisions... But how selfish to wish this on my own. God's will be done. There are no doubt millions that need another chance to hear that Gospel story of Jesus an make a decision, yes I can believe or I'm not sure (no).

Just this weekend I was researching modern missionary outreach efforts in India. WOW, there are a lot of people in India. They are a pretty hard nut to crack. Heavily persecuted to consider anything other than Hinduism. But if the Spirit moves just one it seems to spread vigorously in that family and community. There seems more work to be done.

Enjoy every day as your last, one day it will be! On that fateful day (Jesus' return), if privileged to witness it in the flesh, may we be found actively laboring for the Lord, a witness.

Gotta love 'em!

AmBraCol ⌂, The Center Of God's Grace
[subject]
Monday, April 08, 2024, 09:38 (21 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

We had one here in Coffee Country last year, during the National Field Target Competition. Didn't help my shooting any, but then it didn't seem to harm it either. We weren't in the path of totality, but it got mighty close. Forgot to take pics of the lovely shadows that showed the partially hidden sun.

Oh. And we survived. :-D

--
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. Those involving teams and balls of any sort tend to be deleterious to one's body and promote violence by both spectators and participants.