Today was a rough day. I think it was Monday again.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, April 11, 2024, 22:28 (18 days ago)

When the marbles in my head are hitting each other too hard and it's hard to think, I dig out one of my old blues CDs and get some B.B.King, Muddy Waters, Slim Harpo, or any of the old blues masters on and it calms me down. If you can listen to Muddy Waters and the Hoochi Coochi Man, and sit still then it's time to put you in a hole as you are dead. B.B.King is another one.
Years ago when I was in radio I used to MC some dances in Nashville. The radio station put them on but I did the music. I found out that a white guy can't dance to the Beatles or any other honky groups. It got where the young girls heard on the radio that I was doing the music that weekend and they would call and give me a list of music to bring. If I put on a record by the Beatles or any other teeny bopper group the girls just stood around and looked bored. But if I threw on some ass wiggling blues like that Muddy Waters song I mentioned above, the Hoochi Coochi Man the little girls couldn't get out on the floor quick enough and if I put the 8 minute version of it on by the 3rd minute they were taking their clothes off. They couldn't wait to start shaking their money maker.
Great memories. I thought about that today and told Kase when I croak put a CD on by one of the blues masters and let the little old ladies in the church shake one last one for me.

sit still if you can and listen to Muddy Waters

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, April 11, 2024, 22:32 (18 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Even the honky in the background is enjoying it.

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, April 11, 2024, 22:48 (18 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

The honky's the 'harp player. ;-)

ORG
[subject]
Friday, April 12, 2024, 08:57 (17 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

sorry, should have made that obvious

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 12, 2024, 11:50 (17 days ago) @ ORG

- No text -

Back many years ago I was going to Radio

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 12, 2024, 12:21 (17 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Announcing school in Nashville at night and working at Ernie's Record Mart in Nashville during the day. Ernie's was the main blues record sellers in the U.S. Wolfman Jack was the main announcer at night and Ernie's was the main advertiser. I worked at Ernie's selling blues records. I was the only honky in the place. I would eat, sleep,and breathe blues music. I knew every blues singer there was and the little old black ladies loved me. They would ask what song Wolfman Jack played the night before and in most cases I knew it. They would ask me questions about what songs certain blues singers sang and I knew it. The little old black ladies would hug me if they caught me out on the floor and not behind the counter. They would pay for the records then giggle and reach down in their bosum and pull out a rolled up, damp, wrinkled dollar bill and give me a tip. Sometimes they pulled a dollar bill out of their shoe and slipped it to me as a tip. I loved those little old black ladies and damn near cried when I got my first job in radio and had to leave Ernie's. Looking back I think I made more money with tips than I did as a salesman.
Those were great days and even today,60 years later, they bring back good memories. I was the lone honky at Ernie's Record Mart and loved every minute of it.

Janis Joplin called it her "harpoon".

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 12, 2024, 17:00 (17 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

. . . as Kristofferson wrote it. ;-)

ORG
[subject]
Saturday, April 13, 2024, 10:02 (16 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

That would make you the Blues Hoochi Couchie Mule Man. I luv

Andy S