a question any thoughts on a Swift 2x6 Premire 6gun scope

Lynn
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 08:24 (2665 days ago)

- No text -

Don't know about Swift, but when I see "Premiere" or

Rick Sim
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:12 (2665 days ago) @ Lynn

"Ultimate" on anything the red flag goes up. Been doing handgun scopes myself for a few decades, I stay with Leupold and Burris, never had a problem with either.

I've been using Weaver 2-8X but they got $$$

WB
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:22 (2665 days ago) @ Rick Sim

Bought mine on sale for $150. They too are made in China. Difficult to find a name brand variable handgun scope for less than $400.

I bought a half dozen cheap China 2-7X Burris copies from China for $50 each. Moderately used they have held up well. I'm not sticking any on a .476 GNR etc.

Usually I do stick my name brand hunting scopes on for real hunting. (I took a couple head in TX with the soft shooting 7 GNR and Cheap China scope) For rough duty sighting and load development the Simmons 4X (China of course)is a good value and if/when it breaks they will replace for free. Not a bad scope to throw in the bag for a back up, usually under $100.

any maker can have a lemon. In my first handgun

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 10:21 (2665 days ago) @ WB

hunting book I mentioned getting ready for a hunt down near the Cape in South Africa where the shots are long and longer, mountainside to mountainside. I had a Burris 5X on my 378 GNR and wanted something with a bit more power. I pulled a new Burris 4X12 handgun scope off the shelf at the gun shop and out it on. I drove out 20 miles to where I could sight it in at longer range. On the 3rd shot the scope blew. The crosshairs were canted and every shot was in a different spot. I drove back and grabbed one of the Leupold 2X8 variable scopes and put it on. Drove back out and on the 3rd or 4th shot it did the same as the Burris. No two shots were within a foot of each other. Back to the shop and I had a couple of the older 2X7 Burris scopes laying around. I put one of them on and it did fine for the hunt. But I went thru roughly $1000 worth of defective scopes in one afternoon and from the 2 best scope makers. So any company can have a lemon. Most companies will warranty them for life.

cheap scopes are like cheap guns. You can't afford

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 12:27 (2665 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

either one.When John Taffin first told someone that on here it took me a minute to soak that in. He is right. Buying cheap will cost you more in the long run than just buying a good gun or scope from the beginning.

I have seen guys going to Africa with me and put a $75 scope on a $2000 custom handgun.They always ended up regretting it. If you are just going out on the back 40, it is OK, but not for an expensive hunt.

I think they are made in China, but pretty good.

WB
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 09:14 (2665 days ago) @ Lynn

About like Simmons. Swift has a good replacement warranty program. If YOU can see through them, good to go. I'd use one at a bargain.

Swift scopes and binocs have been around a long time

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 10:27 (2665 days ago) @ Lynn

In Al Goerg's book he talks about the Swift binocs he uses on his hunts and that would have been in the early 60s.

I have experience with the rifle scope both..........

Allie
[subject]
Sunday, January 29, 2017, 12:00 (2664 days ago) @ Lynn

premier and reliant they are good for the price, premiers have lifetime waranty reliant a 5 year........I am more of a hunter always carry a back up scope, taking two guns is a plus