Loading Data

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 18:37 (2664 days ago)

I have always believed in Loading Manuals and felt a person should have more than one. Being an old fart, I have loading manuals that go back to 1940.

And because I grew up using them, I still use loading data from some of them for my old-time calibers.

1950's stuff ...

[image]

Lyman;s 44th Ed. got me started reloading.

Gus S.
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 18:49 (2664 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I still use it too. It was all I had for a long time. Mine is nearly fallen to pieces. I've got 6 or 7 different manuals now. The convenience of all that data for different bullets and barrel lengths is invaluable. I got a new Hornady book with some reloading stuff I was given. Has a some load data and numbers for 10 inch barrels. In the pistol section there was data for 30-30 in a 10" barrel. I was pleasantly surprised.

that is one of the fun things about buying out old

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 20:07 (2664 days ago) @ Gus S.

estates. Many of the old gentlemen that hunted or shot a lot were reloaders and they had some great old reloading manuals in their collection..
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
in almost every manual the old fellow would have notes on which loads were best in his guns. It is neat to see what kind of collection the old guys had back then..This old fellow was obviously a 25 caliber freak..
[image]

The Lyman manual had a large fold out cartridge and bullet board that was suitable for framing..I don't think this one had ever been opened up..
[image]
[image]

Neat!

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 21:54 (2664 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

I have a signed copy of Phil Sharpe's 1937 manual..

Huey
[subject]
Saturday, January 28, 2017, 18:57 (2664 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

That I still use. Have collected reloading books about 25 years.

Its almost as much fun as the guns themselves.