Question for collective wisdom.

SPB
[subject]
Saturday, February 04, 2017, 08:14 (2662 days ago)

Since I was fortunate to procure a 325 Smith from Gary, I have been pondering all manner of things. (I am learning from Scotty) Is it possible or wise to remove the lick and plug the nasty hole in the frame wo a lot of welding etc.. I know it is jutan irrelevant thing, but I would "feel "better for it.

Any thoughts? Thanks, Steve

You talking about the lanyard factory hole?

WB
[subject]
Saturday, February 04, 2017, 08:30 (2662 days ago) @ SPB

Or the keyhole? My .38 Has a lanyard hole.

There are some guys selling and toying with plugs to cover that hole. Even then the side of the frame is relieved for that "flag" and a teeny hairpin spring is in there too.

Frankly I just learned to live with it. I think you can do more harm than good in messing with it. Leave the lock "OFF" and never touch it again.

As to the lanyard in the butt, if THAT bothers you I'd use black silicone to plug it, easy to remove.

[image]

[image]

The 360J's were said to be a foreign govt. overrun. The specification called for a Lanyard and Grip set. The grips/lanyard are very rare in this country. I don't know if the .45 had this. FWIW

[image]

[image]

The key hole in the left sideplate.

SPB
[subject]
Saturday, February 04, 2017, 08:49 (2662 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Sounds like words of wisdom. I can live with it. Thanks.

SPB
[subject]
Saturday, February 04, 2017, 09:06 (2662 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

If it is a firearm you will

Michael Croxton
[subject]
Saturday, February 04, 2017, 08:37 (2662 days ago) @ SPB

Carry for personal protection, then I would not mess with it. To much lawyer stuff to go thru should you ever need to use it. I would leave it alone. Disabling the factory safety mechanism might look bad. Just my .02 cents.

I agree with Mike, don't "customize" the basic setup on

Rick Sim
[subject]
Saturday, February 04, 2017, 08:55 (2662 days ago) @ SPB

a carry piece. Ant alterations COULD come back to haunt you, especially "SAFETY" features. I have a 5-shot S&W 44SPL Nightguard with the same Safety Lock, as Scotty mentioned, make sure it's off and ignore it.