WB
The .45 Super case is not really much different
Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 09:03

than the .45 ACP that is loaded to much less pressure. I have sectioned cases and it looked the same to me in web thickness. But I'd sure still use them for hot loads. The .451 Detonics pre-dated the Rowland and had just enough extra case length to not fire in a standard gun. The Rowland is basically a continuation of that concept to much higher pressures and even longer case length. Blake brought to my attention the use of "free-bore" lengthening the throat. It's much like Weatherby factory rifles. I experimented with a throating reamer and actually went a bit too far.LOL

With my custom Glock, either .460 Rowland or .45 Super brass (the OAL is the exact same for the cartridge) in my special barrel, the bullet moves about 1/4 - 3/8" before it even engages the rifling. In reality it's almost like a .45 Schofield capacity when the round begins developing actual pressure. I have been using a hefty spring (26#) and a chambered muzzle break too. The Glock does not have the two extra parts hanging off the barrel like the 1911, no small locking lugs engaging the underside of the slide. The big mono-block is what locks it up via the angled under lug. No bushing either. It's rough on the chassis, no doubt, but it does work well. For hunting the few rounds, compared to a target gun, should not beat it up too bad, it just mandates more frequent maintenance. The Rowland brass length rides over the bullet ojive, that is what causes failure to feed issues in 1911s. Glocks eat about anything.

Gary's advice on the big Grizzly mag is good. Probably overall the best semi-auto hunting gun ever produced, considering everything. THe AMP is likely the most exotic and accurate. My son has a Desert Eagle .50 AE, but it's HUGE and I've never felt one with a even fair trigger feel. The Grizzly is big also, but under-stressed on that chassis.

Yes it has some roll crimp, don't ask, just know it's special.
[image]

That's 35 yds. using the 200 gr. SWC plain base gas checked bullets at 1400 fps. The scope was a BAD idea on the poly frame. I bent the mounting pins and it rubbed the top of my slide in actual recoil. I had clearance stationary but it moved in recoil. 6-O'clock round was my sighter shot. I also used a custom reset dis-connector, 5# trigger (3# was mushy), and titanium firing pin. Just for fun.
[image]