I bought some thin wall .38-55 to use. But it needs a little trim and blowing out out the taper. It looks a little goofy but I think they will be good plinker loads to fireform. The 200 gr. cast were running about 1200 fps from my Contender and just blowing out the taper.
We’ll have fun anyway. I did a little over (100) trimming to a bit less than 1.97”. Until I rubbed a big blister on my palm, from the knurled arbor. Good thing I’m ambidextrous, or I’d be grouchy all weekend!
![[image]](images/uploaded/202609182232526aadbc1485963.jpg)
-
Trimming ant trying to load up .400 GNR for Irv
- WB, 2026-09-18, 15:34
-
They look goofy but the charge should fire form, blow out.
- WB, 2026-09-19, 12:13
-
I need to get my older Marlin 35 Rem rebuilt for 400 GNR.
- JPL, 2026-09-19, 20:12
-
No, it’s Irv’s. On a 336 I think. Maybe he’ll bring to HHC. (nm)
- WB, 2026-09-20, 06:54
-
I'll bring it, if I don't forget it. (nm)
- IC, 2026-09-20, 13:50
- think there will be several custom Marlins - Gary Reeder, 2026-09-21, 16:05
-
I'll bring it, if I don't forget it. (nm)
- IC, 2026-09-20, 13:50
-
No, it’s Irv’s. On a 336 I think. Maybe he’ll bring to HHC. (nm)
- WB, 2026-09-20, 06:54
-
I need to get my older Marlin 35 Rem rebuilt for 400 GNR.
- JPL, 2026-09-19, 20:12
-
They look goofy but the charge should fire form, blow out.
- WB, 2026-09-19, 12:13