WB
Benj is our youngest, first-timer.
Monday, September 28, 2026, 12:27

It was good to have both boys with me, big bro. Roman has been several times taking hog and sheep. Even if the guide asked if they were my grandsons! We had a good time. I gave Benj the .429 GNR carbine to try. It’s (3) for (3) one shot hog kills with newcomers. This time I loaded Hornady 265 gr. JSP ahead of 29 gr. H110, magnum pistol primer. (My Redhawk sometimes has trouble with rifle primers) I truly prefer the Remington #7-1/2 benchrest small rifle primers that do well for all. Hard to find sometimes. My normal cast bullets typically pass on through.

He made a pretty tough raking away shot, I should have stopped him. But it was successful. It surprised me we recovered the bullet from the offside skin. It performed perfectly.

Icing on the cake he got to finally meet Gary Reeder. Maker of all these guns he’s going to end up with. It should all come together now. He got a pic to remember the first time he met Gary.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]


powered by my little forum